Question for Comcast guru's

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
I have recently acquired comcast highspeed internet and am using Comcast email.

My question has to do with sending photos via email. Comcast let's me attach photos, no problem. I can also host the photo up on Photobucket then copy and paste it to the email. However, I cannot copy picures off my computer from "My Pictures" folder and paste them into my emails nor can I click on a photo and drag it onto the email.

If anyone has the answer as to how to easily move a photo from my computer and place it into an email using comcast, I'd be very grateful!

I am running Windows XP.

You must be using webmail. I've not used Comcasts webmail, but it would be similar to Hotmail. You have to select and upload the pic before you hit the 'send' button. In Charter, it's "add attachment".

Not stop screening all the poR n and get back to work ! :laugh:

Last edited:
Comcast also has the "show pictures in email" option. Once you go into the upload page, you can click this box to show the picture in the email content.

Comcast also has the "show pictures in email" option. Once you go into the upload page, you can click this box to show the picture in the email content.

Okay, that works great! Thank you very much for the advise.

Another question?
If I have a number of photos loaded (Attached) onto my comcast email and I decide I want to remove just one of them, how do I do that?

If you click on your add attachment option again, it takes you back into the upload page. Mine shows 5 upload slots. You should see a remove option beside each slot.

Outlaw, I tried the add attachment option as you suggested and I got a new blank screen to select additional photos to attach. The existing photos that is already attached to the email does not show thus I can't delete any of them. Would be very nice if I could simply select the attachment button and delete the desired photo or photos but it doesn't seem to work that way.

I have tried everything i can think of to figure out just how to unselect or delete a photo, no luck. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

If you have the photos already saved in an email, or if this is an email that someone has sent to you I believe the photos are embedded so to speak. I don't see any option at all to remove a photo from an email that was sent to you.

The only way I know to do that would be to save the photos to your hard drive, then re attach only the wanted photos in a new email.

The cut option is there but is grayed out.

Sorry I'm no Guru, but I don't see any other options due to Comcast's lack of tools on this one.

If you've got outlook, I can help you set it up so you can use it instead of web-based email so much better.

Back