Question about numerous mods

01LANDROCKET

Registered
I have a full micron pipe, wore out and noisy. Air box and I think they call it the pair mod. k&n. Manual cam chain tensioner. 27k on the clock. My bro-in law just bought a sweet ass 02 black blue bone stock with 4k, wow, anyways i just realized how damn loud my bike is after riding a bone stock busa again. My motor is loud not just my pipe. Has anyone experienced this, and if so do you think it is the mileage or the mods. My cam chain rattles right at 3krpm but it sounds like valve chatter and I dont know what else but his bike is silent, motor and exhaust. ?????????????

You might want to check the valve clearances. I had 35K on an '06 and the last time it was at the shop one of the gurus claimed he could hear noise in the top end. Never had a wrench on it. I couldn't hear anything but he did. Bought an additive that was suppose to clean up the valves to shut him up.

I have a full micron pipe, wore out and noisy. Air box and I think they call it the pair mod. k&n. Manual cam chain tensioner. 27k on the clock. My bro-in law just bought a sweet ass 02 black blue bone stock with 4k, wow, anyways i just realized how damn loud my bike is after riding a bone stock busa again. My motor is loud not just my pipe. Has anyone experienced this, and if so do you think it is the mileage or the mods. My cam chain rattles right at 3krpm but it sounds like valve chatter and I dont know what else but his bike is silent, motor and exhaust. ?????????????

yank the manual tensioner and install one off a newer unit.

your muffler needs repacked I bet. microns aren't really loud, just raspy.

Repacking a muffler isn't hard...getting them apart normally is. Got a pic of it?

A pic of the whole bike or the muffler? Why would I pull the manual tensioner, I thought it was supposed to be better for hard riding/racing and a lot of people say it makes them quieter.???

P.S. my pipe is getting replaced not repacked, full yosh brand new in the package for $360, cheaper than a can alone and almost cheaper than a rebuild.

Last edited:
A pic of the whole bike or the muffler? Why would I pull the manual tensioner, I thought it was supposed to be better for hard riding/racing and a lot of people say it makes them quieter.???

P.S. my pipe is getting replaced not repacked, full yosh brand new in the package for $360, cheaper than a can alone and almost cheaper than a rebuild.

repacking your muffler should cost $30-50 tops.

manual adjusters are fine if you know how to adjust them properly and keep after it...most won't or don't know or do properly.

I would never use a yosh for a race bike...HMF or Brock depending on your setup. Brock beats almost any other pipe on a stock busa powerwise.

I can send it to micron and they will repack, reseal and polish the pipe for $100. I really like Yosh and my bike is more show than race. I have raced my bike with custom tune and a buddies bike with custom tune on hmf and the power felt no diff nor did the times differ much.

I can send it to micron and they will repack, reseal and polish the pipe for $100. I really like Yosh and my bike is more show than race. I have raced my bike with custom tune and a buddies bike with custom tune on hmf and the power felt no diff nor did the times differ much.

sounds like you need more practice since you are running tens with all your mods...

Yeah I am fixing to start playing with the clutch. I let a guy who runs consistent 9.3's on a bike set up something like mine and he did the same numbers. He said he had never needed to do a clutch mod but now he realizes why they made them, my bike. My old busa launched like a dream mid .6-60's with absolutely stock everything including tires and ride height. I sold that bike bought ten others and now I am back to a busa, that feels like a raging bull off the line...

Back