Project Begun

nickespi

Registered
After 2 years of riding with cosmetic damage from an accident, I'm finally starting my Busa renovation. She's getting a fresh coat of super white, 4in extended swingarm, gold wheels, buell pegs, sliders(if I can figure them out...no cuts:whistle:), everything silver powdercoated black to match frame, new levers, cut down seat, and I think that's about it right now. My buddy just picked up the plastics and arm so hopefully in the next week it'll be done...oh yeah, also smoothing the inner trim panels and color matching to new paint.:thumbsup:

Before renovation
busa.jpg

All disassembled
DSC01845.jpg

DSC01846.jpg

DSC01847.jpg

looking forward to the finished product. :beerchug: are you reinstalling decals or going for the clean look?

No stickers, logos, or decals of any sort. I'm thinking of doing black fairing bolts on the white. Still up in the air though.

That's cool man, I'm just puttin together an 04, we powder coated the frame a black star dust it's called, and the fairings... not 100% yes what we're gonna do but she should be sweet.
Oh and... a matching trailer frame and body with it :laugh:

Cheers

Trailer...that's awesome. I have no need for one. I've had my bike for two years and it only has 3k on it. Definitely don't ride her enough.

After 2 years of riding with cosmetic damage from an accident, I'm finally starting my Busa renovation. She's getting a fresh coat of super white, 4in extended swingarm, gold wheels, buell pegs, sliders(if I can figure them out...no cuts:whistle:), everything silver powdercoated black to match frame, new levers, cut down seat, and I think that's about it right now. My buddy just picked up the plastics and arm so hopefully in the next week it'll be done...oh yeah, also smoothing the inner trim panels and color matching to new paint.:thumbsup:

Before renovation
busa.jpg

All disassembled
DSC01845.jpg

DSC01846.jpg

DSC01847.jpg

How is that jack holding the bike up without damaging the exhaust or oil pan?

Right now the jack is just sitting under the bike. None of the weight of the bike is on the jack. It just appears that way because I didn't lower it all the way. However, when I do lift it, the jack rests sit solely on the header so there aren't any problems with damaging the bike.

No stickers, logos, or decals of any sort. I'm thinking of doing black fairing bolts on the white. Still up in the air though.

:thumbsup: on no stickers, logos, decals. Not a fan of them either.

Simplicity flat out rocks.

Imho black fairing bolts will make it "pop" and goes really well with the white paint.

Back