Power Commander II and Power Commander III the same?

webbashl

Registered
I ran across a PC II for sale and the guy said and I quote "The PC-II does everything the first generation PC-III does, in fact it uses the same software. All power commanders produced after year 2000 became PC-3's."

Is this BS?

I am not sure of what this is he is telling you but I have the power commander III USB and the LCD and the hub. I thought they were totaly different but while you are looking check on the nitrous forum and read up on that setup that was made to flash the ecu they seem like they are doing the same thing without haveing to hook up all of the crap from a power commander setup. I mean there is so much stuff to connect to do it right and they are doing all of it from the stock ecu???

The PC changes the sensors readings going into the OEM ECU. The ECU still controls the output. The PCIII intersects the signals and gives it its own. The II and III does not use the same software. (or Maps)

The PCII has more limitations. PCIIIR is discontinued. Has some control of timing that you have to add a 2nd module to a USB to get.

The PC changes the sensors readings going into the OEM ECU. The ECU still controls the output. The PCIII intersects the signals and gives it its own. The II and III does not use the same software. (or Maps)

The PCII has more limitations. PCIIIR is discontinued. Has some control of timing that you have to add a 2nd module to a USB to get.

So the PC IIIr wouldn't be good to buy then with it being discontinued right? Basically just buy a PC III and call it a day huh?

If you are not spaying, I think the IIIusb has many more desirable features than the IIIR. If you are spraying, then you need to weigh the differences and see what works best for you. I like the usb. I use the kill function and the rpm switch with my air/autoshift setup. I can also flip a toggle and change between two maps on the fly.

Back