Power Commander 5?

Jza

Registered
Hey guys,

For those who understand this little box of tricks more than i do, will this new version revolutionise tuning.... or is it just a new coat on an old box?

I was toying with the idea of a new exhaust and a PCV then get someone who knows what they are doing to tune it.

I've read that the PC3 matched to say a Yoshi R-77 was a waist of money as you got little gains over just the R-77 on its own...

Have things changed or is it the same case?

Cheers,

Jza

Well I don't know about the PC3 and the yosh, but I put a TiForce 4-2-1-2 on mine and got a whole whoppin 9 more out of mine from the tune.

Seems like a whole new bike now...

I am sure someone who knows more about the matchup with the pc3 and yosh will chime in on this.

All I can really say at this point is damn Johnny Cheese is the man...

the new powercommander 5 is a new unit all together. its smaller with more packed in the box. first thing you will notice, no exterior buttons. everything is controlled via computer. the hub kit for the pc 3`s is now built in to the pc 5. all you need is the screen for on the fly adjustments. if you dont have the screen, back to the computer you go. one of the coolest things about it, there is a add on of a real time air fuel mixture reader that will map your bike for you with out the use of a dyno!! (only works on 09 or newer bikes)

The pc 5 also has faster processor, hooks directly into the fuel injectors (all 8 of them by the way) and is suppose to be easier to map out for the layman.

any other questions? Just ask.

Josh

The PC-V DOES NOT control all 8-injectors. The Bazzaz system is the only one that currently does that...

I think if everyone realized the system will work on the 08, who would buy the 08 units already produced....my guess is the 09 will work just fine on the 08.

Agree with you Greg there on that one!!!! Sell what you have first out of stock....then say it works for the 08 afterwards!

I hope the PCV is affordable and negates the need for a seperate ign box when I add a quick shifter
Posted via Mobile Device

from what I was told by my Dyno jet rep, 09 and up only. Just goin by what I was told from the mouth of dyno jet.

(and yes it controls all 8 injectors)

Josh

+1

The only way it will work is if you buy TWO and piggy back them like you have to do on the PC-III for 8. So it's double the price and more $$$ than the Bazzaz when you are done.... :(

Feck me whats so different about the 09 to the 08 - how can it not work if its just a different paint job... does the paint colour effect it?

LOL

My guess is they've got a bunch of PCIII's left and want to liquidate them before people start buying the PC-V. If something is different, then I've got a *brand new* PCIII for sale if anyone is looking for one.... ::whistle:

My guess is they've got a bunch of PCIII's left and want to liquidate them before people start buying the PC-V. If something is different, then I've got a *brand new* PCIII for sale if anyone is looking for one.... ::whistle:

LOL makes sense to me

J

I have done a little surfing but I cannot find any price info on the PCV. PCIII are going for $225-$275.

Anyone know what a PCV will cost right now and where I might get one?

Mythos

Last edited:
Schnitz racing has them for $329 but I've seen them for up to $399 and the auto tune kit is another $240. Orient Express has them for $359, IndySuperbikes lists them at $285, Kneedraggers has them for $278.....however.....I don't know who actually has them IN STOCK...

I've still got a brand new never opened PC-IIIUSB for sale (see sig) $230... :laugh:

Thanks GB. I will keep your unused, preowned PCIII in mind. It's for the 14 which might not need all of the performance functions a PCV might offer. I still am always a sucker for the newest and the best when it comes to smaller ticket items (not bikes anymore - newest aint always best) Also, nobody seems to know for sure yet if the PCV will work on 08s.

When an item is updated every couple years, it seems to make no sense to own the current year model at all. You take the big price hit and still get nudged over into obsolecense after short term ownership. Any guesses at how long it will be before they come out with a PC6?

Mythos

"I wanna know what happened to the PCIV"

I asked that question and the answer I got was that the PCIII USB was the 4the in the line up right after PCIII.

Back