Post your 60 ft times and lauch technique here

Ononewheel

Registered
What are you guys launching at? I have been struggling with the 60, that dern clutch is a killer. I do not have the mod so it wants to just grab one me when I launch. Any tips on overcoming this dilemma?

I just rev it untill it hits the limiter and just drop the clutch like its hot!!!!

Just kidding above.
laugh.gif
(at the track) I usually let out a real good dry hop after I burnout to determine what I'll launch at. Usuall around 5k-6k rpms. I also have the clutch mod done. It pretty much sucks having to launch without it.

Oh yea, my best 60' was 1.584 stock length 58.5" stock height. I wouldn't even bother launching higher than 3,500- 4,000 r's without the mod.

Just got back. !.82 60 foot, 10.63 at 133.

The launchs all felt good, they just were not good enough. I need some more seat time on this thing.

Nobody has anything to add???

rpms between 2500 and 3k

pin the throttle as soon as you start moving and use the clutch to control your acceleration. I'm still perfecting this technique.

it takes some gonads to pin the throttle that soon in first.
smile.gif

I pre-stage and set my RPM's to 4,000 and drop the hammer when I launch( I love when the shift light comes on when I'm launching
smile.gif
). Use the clutch to slightly hover the tire, but make sure you slide it enough so you don't drop the RPM's when you release the clutch all the way. I would suggest NOT doing a dry hop( sorry to disagree with you Grabntwist) because it puts extra heat in the clutch that you don't need. I 60' a stock length Busa at 1.55-1.57. Now that my bike is set at 60" I 60' between 1.50-1.53. I'm still workin on my 60's and 330's. I'm trying to get in the 1.4's but I think I'll have to add weight to the front of the bike to achieve that.

I would suggest NOT doing a dry hop( sorry to disagree with you Grabntwist)
No sweat Streak. I've heard about dry hoppin' and puttin' extra heat in the clutch will knock ya back a couple tenths. Many of the guys I ride/race with don't dry hop as well. A few walk their bike (while sitting on it) to stage up. I guess it's a confidence thing with knowing how the bike will react. I must also add that my 1.584 60' was a one time deal to date. Usually I pull a 1.595 - 1.600 and up on my 60's with the ocassional, I dunno whut happened ?? 2.2 + 60'
laugh.gif

Since you know it is in the wrong section, you will not mind me moving it??
smile.gif

I might be going to ATCO this weekend, are you going to be there?
I work on Sat/Sun. I'll probably be there runnin' my friends 750. I'm pullin' the wheels off my bike this week so I can mount my new Marvics and brakes as soon as they get here. What day are you going to be there if you decide to go?

What are your thoughts on 2 steps?
If you have a purpose built dragbike then there is a purpose for one. Otherwise I call it cheatin'. I guess Im weird but I want to pull a good time and actually ride my bike to the track. That's where my stock suspension/height comes in. I like turning way to much to lower and extend my wheelbase. Racing electronics should go on a race bike.

Not sure exactly what's up yet ,but I will let you know.
And yes we need pics!! I wanted those rims but you beat me too them. I'll race ya for 'em!!!!!!!

I'm pullin' the wheels off my bike this week so I can mount my new Marvics and brakes as soon as they get here. What day are you going to be there if you decide to go?
grabntwist,

WE NEED PICS!
super.gif

Sounds sweet man!

Josh
blues.gif
Hey Josh, they're in the classifieds section on the forum. They're also on indysuperbikes website. I'll be sure to post pics after they're mounted on my bike and cleaned and have a couple hunderd coats of Zymol on them.

Not sure exactly what's up yet ,but I will let you know.
And yes we need pics!! I wanted those rims but you beat me too them. I'll race ya for 'em!!!!!!!
Yo streak, I'll get some up asap!! And negative on the race. Not only I would lose my wheels but I would probably lose my bike and money as well. Thanks for the offer anyway.

Most important launch advice I think, should be, the clutch should be out by the tree and the throttle pinned. My 2cents!

Back