Post Your 1/4 Times And Mods.

Jealous!! That's only a 1/4 mile above sea level! My 10.5 was on a street tire, gonna go Wednesday and try -2 +9 with this shinko hook up pro, but also bring my 43t and 45t.

Wondering a question about how the tune relates to MPH in the 1/4. If around sea level stock motor with full exhaust, trapping 149-150 would you say there is room in the tune or that's basically where supposed to be? I'm terrible at launching (minimal seat time @ strip) but I'm always 149-150. when its like 75-80 outside. Curious if I should go get my tune dialed in again or prob not with the money. (its an internet tune from a bike with same exhaust roughly same elevation).

Just a guess from looking online I think the DA would have been around 1900-2000. I weight probably 185 suited up. Only weight reduction on bike is the exhaust.

My best so far is a 9.58, with a 60 foot of 1.6, at 149 gen 1 2005 with 6 over and some little motor work. Cams and a port job. I have a air shifter. I have been having issues with my air shifter and missing shifts. I made 185/190 hp. Front strapped/ tiger pail power commander 3.
***Goal is to get to a 8.9. I weigh 170 withput a suit. Bike is setup for street/strip. Have r1 rims to put on. I live in caifornia and it geta nasty hot so not sure if a rider mod will get me to a 8.9 but i am foing to try. Old thread but wanted to add to it!!!
-Also my front sprocket is 1 down and back is a 42 With the r1 rims im going to a 16/44

Last edited:
My 03 Busa has a Carpenter 1397.
67” ,hand slider , 16-42 ,
No head light, tail light , tank shell,
Half quart fuel cell,06 GSXR 1000 wheels
best time 140 -60’
8.52–159
7B740FA6-5470-49A6-AC2A-2269FFF3FD1B.jpeg

Also my front sprocket is 1 down and back is a 42 With the r1 rims im going to a 16/44

how did you get such a low number? What am i doing wrong at the track? I think i need to order two rider mods!!!! LoL

Da might play a big part for you. If the da is high it will make it hard for you to hit that goal. If it's low you should be able to hit it if you change your gearing get some low 1.4 60 foots. Your goal is to be off the clutch by the time you get to the tree.

Da might play a big part for you. If the da is high it will make it hard for you to hit that goal. If it's low you should be able to hit it if you change your gearing get some low 1.4 60 foots. Your goal is to be off the clutch by the time you get to the tree.
So how much does the DA affect a bike? How much time will it eat up if its bad??

Don't confuse elevation and density altitude. They are very different. I live at sea level. I've seen DA 700 feet below sea level and 2800 feet above sea level.
doom... I think ure operating at a level most people don't understand.... can u elaborate what constitutes DA and how big of an impact it can have on Ets? some people think it can add 70 Hp to their bike...…… is this misleading? I look forward to ure response... and I think most men are afraid to ask because it makes them look stupid... thankfully I was born without this gene, as u must know by now.

Back