Post Your 1/4 Times And Mods.

Discussion in '1/4 Mile' started by Jake whitebird, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Jake whitebird

Jake whitebird Registered

Contests won:
    Jealous!! That's only a 1/4 mile above sea level! My 10.5 was on a street tire, gonna go Wednesday and try -2 +9 with this shinko hook up pro, but also bring my 43t and 45t.

2. sjg34

sjg34 Registered

Contests won:
    What is your altitude?

3. Jake whitebird

Jake whitebird Registered

Contests won:
    Yep, 5280 at bandimere speedway and I think the hot weather it turns it into like 7700 or something. Just kills any power up here

4. sjg34

sjg34 Registered

Contests won:
    I have some friends that race up there and they do complain how much their bikes slow down. Last weekend we were at 4400 feet with 78% humidity and my bike was slow. I can't imagine 7700

Jake whitebird likes this.
  5. 04LE

04LE Registered

Contests won:
    Wondering a question about how the tune relates to MPH in the 1/4. If around sea level stock motor with full exhaust, trapping 149-150 would you say there is room in the tune or that's basically where supposed to be? I'm terrible at launching (minimal seat time @ strip) but I'm always 149-150. when its like 75-80 outside. Curious if I should go get my tune dialed in again or prob not with the money. (its an internet tune from a bike with same exhaust roughly same elevation).

6. Dennis

Dennis Registered

Contests won:
    That MPH would be ok depending on total weight and other mods. Need to know more about the bike and about the air. If you are at 2500 DA and total weight is 725 then 149-150 on a stock Gen2 with exhaust is about right.

7. 04LE

04LE Registered

Contests won:
    Just a guess from looking online I think the DA would have been around 1900-2000. I weight probably 185 suited up. Only weight reduction on bike is the exhaust.

8. Dennis

Dennis Registered

Contests won:
    You might find one, maybe two mph more in it as you get better at the launch in those conditions. 151 would be pretty solid.