Please help clear up PC questions...info overload??????????

Amelio

Registered
Well forums are great for info I am on two other sites for my cars and this one for the busa and the amount of info is great but also boggeling...........

My bike is mostly stock ('06) I have not really done anything to it since I bought it with the exception of taking the stretch off and I love it! It has shorty exhaust which is just basically the mid pipe has been cut,it also has the pair valve mod and the small air box mod. I would really love to get a Brocks system, I love the clean look of the bike without cans hanging off the back but just can't swing $1k for that.

anyway the bike runs great except for a stumble around 2800-3200 rpm when under light throttle. I contribute this mostly to the short exhaust and air box mod. It is fine and no problems under WOT but when I am just putting around it is very irritating!

A local shop by me told me they could re-map the ECU but wants like $500 to me that is absolutely ridiculous!!!!!!

So now I am looking into a PC3 I dont really care about more power I just want the stumble gone, the same shop wants $275 to custome tune with a PC. After I buy a PC3 and have them tune it I am still spending almost $500 which I do not have.

My question.....can I buy a PC3 and tune it myself? How is this acomplished, do I need software or does the PC3 have a USB that I plug into my computer and download from the site?

Also who has or has had a setup like mine, will a map from Dynojet fix the issue?

Thanks in advance fo the responces!

you can buy a pc and download maps from thier site....dunno if they have one for cut stock pipe but ya might find one that works by the way 500 for ecu tune is rediculous.

ok well then I think I will go ahead and buy a PC3 maybe I can get my hands on a good used one. I also kinda doubt there would be a specific map for cut mid pipe but I may be able to find something close to rid that stumble.

Back