Playing the "these go to eleven" game...

mcoyote

Registered
Since I moved to ~7K feet in elevation the 'Busa has been working a little harder than normal, so my shifts have been a little off. E.g., many turns where I engine brake by feel and then shift before I lean in I find the bike a little breathless and need more gas.

I realized that I've become a little complacent riding in traffic and shied away from higher RPMs. The 'Busa has an ~11k rev limiter, but I've been habitually shifting ~5k RPM in normal situations. To recalibrate myself, I have been consciously moving my shift points past 10k RPM when safe to do so.

Yes, that's a little loud, and at first it was a little un-nerving to be in that territory almost all of the time, but on dry pavement with the 'Busa's back-torque limiter my downshifts aren't exceptionally dramatic and I still have pretty good control. Definitely more conservative in the wet.

Anyway, I feel like I have more of the measure of the bike with this new performance envelope, and things are generally more fun. Plus, I want an aftermarket exhaust less and less because the stocker really does growl nicely when you put the spurs to it.

Back