Places to ride in okc area

ericdared

Registered
Hi all heard about this site from my roommate, apparently he works with the owner not a busa owner got a 954rr so hopefully yall don't hold it against me.. Was wondering how many people here ride in the okc area? I have been out and the roads for the most part are crap with gravel and potholes in every corner. Hoping there are some decent roads here I just don't know about.

You need to go to the Cache, OK wildlife refuge. About an hour south of you off off !-44 take the "medicine park" exit. Some pretty good windy roads down there.

What Joe said. You need to get off at the Medicine Creek exit, take the road towards the refuge and then make a right at the Lake Lawtonka area and continue on that road until you can make a left to Meers (some great burgers there). You will take that road to Meers Restaurant and there it Y's. Go right and stay on old scenic Highway 115. It's got some great twisties (for the area) but only lasts about 18 miles. Watch out for tractors!!! I have never seen a police officer out that way. Just farmland. Enjoy.

Holy Cow! Two more people from oklahoma, thats amazing. We will have to get together and ride sometime.

Holy Cow! Two more people from oklahoma, thats amazing. We will have to get together and ride sometime.
Ya my roommate has a bike too and we are down. He is a noob though so I normally don't bring him when I want to go fast
smile.gif

Nope... Honestly I don't ride much here because I have yet to find any good roads. I also work a werid swing shift. 3 twelve hour days(6am-6pm) 2.5 days off 3 twelve hour mids(6pm-6am) then 4 days off then back to days. If my 4 days off falls on a weekend I usually load the bike up into the back of the truck and take it down to houston with me(where I am from) and go riding there. I hear a bunch of people meet up and Joes crab shack on tuesday and wednesday nights but I have yet to make it to one of those. I did the riding with big groups thing in hawaii and wasn't really fond of it, to many people trying to show off or ride outside their level and eating it and taking out other people because of it. I'm on my 4 days off right now, but it looks like it is going to rain tonight and thursday. If you want and try to meet up and go riding on tues or wednesday though I am down
smile.gif

You can go south to Norman, take hiway 9 east to Hiway 77 south. 77 goes all the way to the Arbuckle mountains and there is some decent riding in that area and over towards Sulphur (thru the park). And you can blast home up I35 if you want.

<!--EDIT|Truckracer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113866520 -->

Oh yeah, if you do get stopped for speeding in the refuge it is a flat $85 fee, and it is federal land so it doesn't show up on your driving record, I know from experience. Also, the ozarks just on the other side of the Arkansas line is some real good riding, about a 3 hour trip east.

Back