Pitbull New Front stand

TheBull350

Registered
They're not the best pictures but here they are, Stand is wonderful!!!!

This is with the pin in place and awaiting lifting,

down_on_front_stand.jpg

Bull, is there any chance of scratching the under side of the nose when setting the lift up? How hard is it to get the pin in the neck? And how hard is it to actually lift the front end off the ground? Depending on how you answer if interested in looking into getting one....Bob

Yo, bull, how close is the stand to the front of the fender in that first pic? :super: Oh, and thanks for the pics! :cool:

Bull, is there any chance of scratching the under side of the nose when setting the lift up? How hard is it to get the pin in the neck? And how hard is it to actually lift the front end off the ground? Depending on how you answer if interested in looking into getting one....Bob
bob,

The chance of scratching the fender is slim. Yes in the first photo the stand is resting on the front fender, only cause I walked away to take the photo. As for the pin, the first time it was tough. But after a few practice "pokes" it was much easier(just like a mans first time with other things)LOL.... As for the effort needed to lift it, not too much more than lifting the rear! And Yes, sometimes you do touch the front lift to the fenders, and or paint in one place or another. BUT the pitbull has such a large diameter tubing, and no welds that are near touching anything it's fairly safe. If i get to worried about the paint I just might wrap the stand with electrical tape or something along those lines. But I've been gental and not too worried yet! As a side note: will metal scratch paint if it's extremely smooth and there are no burrs? I just cant see this stand scratching the bike, it's sooooo smoooth

Marcus

As a side note: will metal scratch paint if it's extremely smooth and there are no burrs? I just cant see this stand scratching the bike, it's sooooo smoooth

Marcus
Thanks for the reply. To answer yer question, yes, smooth metal can scuff paint. Look at it like this. If anything harder than the paint makes contact with it there's a chance of paint damage. The stand is definitely harder than the paint. The risk may be minimal, but there's still a risk. ;)

I've actually made contact with the fender using the front Pit Bull that I have without any damage whatsoever, except for takin' 3 years off of my life. It was when I was first gettin' used to the stands. I was goin' up with the front and the forks came off the stand, dropping so that the front fender was wedged between the two counter balance tabs below the fork pads. I almost puked before I had time to check for damage. I just knew I had peeled the sides of the fender.

Thanks Bullettrain,

Also like I said I think if you wrapped the stand in something it would greatly reduce the risk of damaging anything. But god damn these things are very handy!! I would've bought them before I had the bike if I knew it was going to be this handy!! Especially all the time and effort it took to do my undertail.

You could wrap any part likely to touch the bike with cotton towelling and not worry about it unless it hit it hard enough to bust the plastic. Cotton towelling is about as safe as it gets on paint. ;)

I did scuff the top of my fender the first time I used it. I would put a small towel or something on the fender to protect it. It does get better with practice though!

Back