~~pit bull front stand~~

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Thinking of buying a front stand that uses the steering head for lift.

How does the pit bull and others work for you. Any clearence issues? Horn or brake lines get in the way?

Thanks in advance..

Charles..got a price with number 6 pin?
smile.gif

post_3_02832_Pitbull.jpg

if the front is lowered? wont work. you can remove the tire with this kind.

(ranman @ Sep. 09 2006,05:23) if the front is lowered? wont work. you can remove the tire with this kind.
yup..I did read that part. Thanks. I have the other type now..no problems removing the front tire with it.

Thought I would give me some flexability with a steering head mount type stand.

Love PitBull but couldn't bring myself to spend the $$, if you want a very reliable stand with pins for EVERY bike included try HANDY INDUSTRIES $118 This is the same set up I used to work on my bikes front suspension..
If your looking to get a traditional front and rear Handy's also has that for $89 (The pair...)

(ranman @ Sep. 09 2006,07:23) if the front is lowered? wont work. you can remove the tire with this kind.
Sums it up, but I would not trade mine. Have a set of Handy stands also that work well.

The biggest advantage to the pin stand over the fork stand is that the pin stand is more stable if you're doing some real wrenching and moving the bike around. It's really not hard to knock the bike off of the front fork stand but you can give it heck and not knock it off of the pin stand.

Another advantage is the ability to turn the forks side to side with the wheel off the ground with the pin stand. When you're installing brake lines or levers or something this advantage is worth the stand's weight in GOLD.

Only issue I've heard of with a pin stand has been covered... won't work on a lowered busa.

As for Pit Bull... TOP NOTCH stands.

I have the camel toe stands.....and the one thing that I am now noticing is that I cannot remove the forks with that type.
This seems to be an ADVANTAGE of the PitBull.

I just need to fing someone in my area with one.
wink.gif

I have the pit bull combo front stand. It will work as a fork lift or head lift; I love it.

Does the pit bull triple tree stand use a particular pin for the 2008+ Hayabusa or does this style not "fit"? I looked on their site and have not been able to identify if I need a particular pin for a 2008+ or if the stand itself does not work because of the fit. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Video of it in use. Pretty cool. New to me. - I have a PitBull rear stand but need a front. Probably gona get this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back