Pirelli Tire Question?

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
I'm looking to try out the latest design in the Pirelli Tire Arsinal? My question is to anyone with Pirelli experience.

Diablo, Diablo Corsa, Super Corsa? Which one do you prefer and how would you rate each tire for handling, traction, longivity and most of all, would you buy Pirelli's again?

I currently have a Super Corsa race takeoff and love it. It's a little slicker than OEM when cold but great when warmed up. Handling is great when warmed up. It has lasted better than OEM for me and I'm not easy on the tires.
laugh.gif

My only complaint is that it doesn't come in OEM sizes. It's either 180/55 or 190/55, NO 190/50 like stock....
sad.gif

You guys ever run the "Diablo Corsa"? I'm thinking that may be the best pick of the litter for a street ride? The Super Crosa is made for the track and has a much higher operating temperature. Street riding never gets them up to optimum temp. Guys who use them on the track, love them. I was looking for some input for street riding. I'm curious if one can get a decent life out of them or expect to replace them every 2K miles or so? Any input on the "Diablo" or the "Diablo Corsa"?

Diablo Corsa 200/50/17 was a good tire for me,I ran it for a long time,and it put my speedometer right on according to GPS.It took it a while to warm up,but once warm,it did okay in the turns,took a little more effort than a 190,but for the other benifits I had, I didnt complain.NJ.

diablo = street, diablo corsa = 30% street/70% track [I think], super = track. I've used the regular and corsa and prefer the regular since I don't "heat" tires up enough just driving around. The diablos wear down quick but stick right out of the gate, steering was a noticable imporvement over stock. but I think the profile that helps the steering makes it bouncier at uber high speeds 160+. I keep buying them and loving them - really love the low or no warm up time. My opinion is the corsa takes longer to warm up and I didnt care for that.

I also am running the Strada touring right now. Sticky seems about as good - I used them on my last track day - but the comfortable "touring" absorbtion makes for a squiggly feel... sloppy... dripping... gummy bear... I prefer a planted connnection so I wont get them again. However, they have thicker rubber and its taking me forever to wear them out

I'm looking to try out the latest design in the Pirelli Tire Arsinal? My question is to anyone with Pirelli experience.

Diablo, Diablo Corsa, Super Corsa? Which one do you prefer and how would you rate each tire for handling, traction, longivity and most of all, would you buy Pirelli's again?
I have used all three and will continue to do so
wink.gif
the best all around tire is the Corsa. The SuperCorsa is a "Race" tire with grooves, it will work on the street but it takes longer to "heat up" and it will cool off quickly....if you do alot of short trips in and around town you will NEVER get this tire hot enough to stick.

The standard Diablo is a GREAT street tire it would be your best tire for fall and winter....it will warm up the quickest of the three and work the best in the rain.

Pirelli says that the Corsa is recommended for 70% track use 30% street....so you get the best of the other two in one tire.

I have used the Corsa on my Busa at the track (road course) and they stick like glue. Corsa's are on the Busa now.

I also have a liter bike Honda 1000RR....which I primarily use for the track....it has SuperCorsa's on it right now....they were awesome at Infenion Raceway at Sears Point yesterday    
tounge.gif

I get almost 3K out of the rear and 7K+ on the front from the Corsa's
wink.gif

I dig the diablo corsas. I did a track day on them and they definetly provided all the traction I needed.

Back