Photos of my bike

pseudo

Donating Member
Registered
Ok, here are some photos of my bike. (took me long enough huh?) Already have 2800 miles on her after only a month. I'm going on a trip to Jackson Hole Wyoming this weekend, and plan on attending the Suzuki Owner appretiation event in Colorado at the end of August.

However, these photos were not taken to show off my bike, taken for insurance purposes.

So I'm on my way home from work today behind a dumptruck when he drops about a wheelbarrow sized load of dirt and rocks out the back of his truck, of which strikes my bike leaving huge dings all over, even the sides. It's hard to tell exactly what the damage is at this point due to all the dust and dirt, but I will have a full idea after giving it a wash just to see how bad it is.

The photos include a nice side shot, a rear shot, closeup of the head light area (yes, those big black spots are dings) a closeup of the side, (the dings dont look as bad, because it's black on black, but they are just as big) and a close up of the front fender. I was going to include the radiator, but forgot to upload them at the last minute. I'm pissed, going to give the trucking company a call tomarrow, but In my anger and excitement over the ordeal I forgot to take the plate number. *sigh*

Anyone have experience on how much touchup paintjobs cost?

Goodies
-------------------------------------------------
http://www.pseudocode.org/00169.jpg

http://www.pseudocode.org/00171.jpg

Damage
-------------------------------------------------
http://www.pseudocode.org/00158.jpg

http://www.pseudocode.org/00162.jpg

http://www.pseudocode.org/00164.jpg

pseudo -
Man that sucks. You 've got a nice looking scoot. The bad thing is that without the tag number, unless you remember exactly where you were, you may have trouble getting them to cough up the cash. Do you have comprehensive insurance, just in case?

not much...shouldn't be too bad.

Color-rite sells the touch up paint...but you can also examine the other scratches to determine if they're all the way into the paint or just in the clear coat.

It shouldn't be all that expensive...
wink.gif

Some of those dings are to the plastic. As for the touchups, thanks, I'll go check. I think you guys are right, I mean ... It's a bike, I'm bound to get more. It just hurts being that it's so new ...

Not to rain on your parade but more than likely you'll be flogging a dead horse. Here's how your conversation tomorrow will go...
ring ring "hello, abc hauling how may i help you?" Uh yes maam, I was following one of your trucks yesterday and some dirt and rocks fell out of the back and damaged my new Busa, Who do i need to talk to?" Sir that would be Buck, please hold" ... insert annoying hold music here ....... "This is Buck" ... "Uh yes Sir, My name is Hopeful in SLC, and I was following one of your trucks yesterday and some dirt and rocks fell out of the back and damaged my new Busa are you the person I need to talk to to get my bike repaired?" Well Hopeful, where were you at what time and what was the trucks ID #? "Uhhh well, I was on Rt 5 around 3pm and I don't have the truck ID# or a police report but I remember the truck was a pretty red with your name on the side" ( now almost giggling ) Well Hopeless, According to Utah state law and the notices posted on the back of the trucks, we are not responsible for damages incurred to anyones vehicle resulting from anything falling out of our trucks or to anything following closer than 300 feet behind us. Quite frankly, without any info as far as truck ID, Driver name and / or a police report there is really no way I can help ya, Bud. have a nice day" And you'll get nowhere from there.
I really hope I'm wrong but be prepared...
sad.gif

I hate dump trucks.
mad.gif
Sorry to hear about your bike

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122607819 -->

well there could be a clause if it hit your bike before it hit the ground they could be cited for insecure load but if it hit the ground before it hit your bike its considerd an act of god. went threw this a couple years ago. but rember this is Idaho might be diffrent for utah

<!--EDIT|id_gunnut
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122608155 -->

Some of those dings are to the plastic. As for the touchups, thanks, I'll go check. I think you guys are right, I mean ... It's a bike, I'm bound to get more. It just hurts being that it's so new ...
Bastards! They're gonna tell you, "That's why you need to follow at a safe distance of 300 feet, sir..."

Sucks. Any kind of new little ding or scratch just wrings your heart...especially when your baby is so new.
sad.gif

Ok man...your kidding right. Maybe they look worse in person. Dings nics and scratchs are all part of owning any wehicle. If it wasnt the dump truck it would have been a bug or something. Hell i got scratchs on my bike and still get complements. i dont think the small amount of damage should matter unless your entering in a bike show. Is your bike still fast as hell? Still aerodynamic? Can you still pick up chicks? If you answered yes to these then your good.
wink.gif

honestly I don't think they look that bad. I wish you luck with the company in the morning. I had an incident yesterday, but it was with my helmet. I put my helmet on my mirror before I turned the wheel when I parked it. I was having a real bad day and didnt think that when I turned my handlebars, my helmet would fall off my mirror....well $680.00 helmet not including the 30 bucks for the tinted shield and tax, now has a nice divit in it by the front mouth air vent and 4 nice scratches deep in the paint....believe me when I say I know it sucks to have new stuff damaged....but I look at it as war wounds, and if it's to pretty people call you a poser - still sucks though...again good luck to ya.
wink.gif

I don't think they look that bad.......you'll have a loy of dings in the future from pebbles and road debris its just part of riding........don't sweat it.

valium you just threw away 680 bucks worth of mod money
sad.gif

Thanks guys, after looking back on it, they really aren't all that bad. I was just really emotional about it. And to celebrate I purchased some plastic polish and some ding replair.

I'm going to take a different tac here.

FMCSR (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations) Part 393.100 deals with protection against shifting or falling cargo and Part 392.9 says that the driver must ensure that the cargo is properly distributed and secured before operating a Commercial Motor Vehicle.

If something came off their truck or is in danger of coming off their truck they're in violation of the Safety Regs.

I don't know about Utah, but Oregon has in its ORS and OARs provisions for and regulations specific to leaking and sifting loads.

I'd make the call if I were you. I'd tell them exactly what you've told us - that unsecured cargo from their truck caused damage.

ok...everyone take some snapshots of their road debris "ouchies" so that this fella feels better.
wink.gif

you should try running down here in FL with the lovebugs....to which if you do not promptly remove...will permenantly disfigure your ride worse than a "duran-duran world tour" sticker attached with JB Weld. Or perhaps a falcon sized mosquito that could either:
A. knock you off your bike with an impact to the chest
or
B. transmit a good dose of West Nile Disease if you happen to inhale during an impact with your front end just from the sheer "crap" that gets everywhere.

wink.gif

but you may want to get advice from your insurance agent (if any). some states may allow for repairs if you can positively ID the commercial vehicle at fault.
It may or may not also affect your ins.rates.

well there could be a clause if it hit your bike before it hit the ground they could be cited for insecure load but if it hit the ground before it hit your bike its considerd an act of god.[/QUOTE]
by that logic does a load of wooded trees heading to the mill on a truck falling onto the roadway equal an act of god? it's up to me to "dodge" the tress bouncing down the highway? I have to be next to the truck and the trees have to hit me before the road....hmmm
rock.gif

wink.gif

Back