Peg or rearset options?

MidnightBusainSD

Busa Rancher
Donating Member
Registered
So what else is out there over doing the buel pegs for more leg room?

I have tried the Gillies Rear sets and well they don't go lower then stock pegs

I know there is the buel peg mod i've had it before and it's alright but is there anything else out there?

TL1000 pegs, but they do not have the drop of the Buell peg.. probably the second most popular set of aftermarket pegs I have seen guys use..

bro hit ebay for the Vortex adjustables-they go way lower than stock, and farther back too-they made a HUGE difference in how long I can ride the Busa now-i need alotta legroom w/38" inseam:whistle:

they're too pricey to pay retail IMO, but search long enuf n you'll find somebody givin'em away on the cheap:thumbsup:

Thanks i like the gillies and all but more leg room would be nice especially with a tobin seat i will have to check on the Vortex. do you know of any others? i seen some from what is called Speedhut on ebay look cool but can't tell if they go any lower then the stockers.

if you can handle the $$ the Cycle Cat rearsets are really the best-of-the-best, IMO... just from an adjustability comparison-the CC's are literally infinite, no set points you can slide/lengthen everything-BUT, they cost a grip. BigGeorge has a set and loves'em.
Rizoma used to make'em too but hard to find those for cheap either...
I think SATO racing and TiForce might still have adjustable rearsets for the Busa-or you might be able to find some used ones on flea-bay or here, or extremebusa.com-there's sales everywhere man-we just gotta be lucky enuf to have money when they show up:laugh:

good luck on your search:thumbsup:

Well Cycle Cat is outta buisness so finding them will be hard also. Hmm guess the search continutes. Be nice if someone would do a billet peg like the Buells for the busa that requires no moddification

Well Cycle Cat is outta buisness so finding them will be hard also. Hmm guess the search continutes. Be nice if someone would do a billet peg like the Buells for the busa that requires no moddification
dropped that idea on a couple machinist and so far no takers... hopefully some day..

dropped that idea on a couple machinist and so far no takers... hopefully some day..

I am working on front pegs right now just deciding how much to drop them from what I have found out so far most are only 3/4" drop I even thought of making a two piece set where the peg would have a bolt in it from the back but don't like the idea of adjustable. The problem with setting up a production on something like this is everyone wants a different height peg. That means a fixture that can fit all or several fixtures anyway sometime soon I will post a set. Also if I ever get my rear pegs off I am going to make a simple bracket to the pipe and an eliminator bracket for the other side for single pipe setups I have bought the material for that it is in the shop I just dont want to shut down my bike yet if I fine a super cheap stock set online I will get them to get that job done.

Back