Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow

HoboJoe

Registered
Time to bet back on the the wheels. All 18 of um'. Gotta be outside Atlanta first thing Monday AM. It's the first time I'll be away from The Beast since I got it earlier this week. The seperation anxiety is setting in, but "The Highways a'Callin, Simone" and I must answer the call. The Ponderosa and The Posse still come first, but when I return I'll fling open the garage door, see it sitting there, beckoning me and I'll have the breath knocked outta me like I always do..... Oh, the Anticipation.

So, KW, or Peterbilt or White or? Cabover or long nose? Dbl drop frame super box or doubles or? Line haul cross country? Freight or household goods? Or are you a FedEx driver? :D

So, KW, or Peterbilt or White or? Cabover or long nose? Dbl drop frame super box or doubles or? Line haul cross country? Freight or household goods? Or are you a FedEx driver? :D

Probably driving one of them dam pumpkins across the country. :D:poke:

KW of course. T800. Flat. Both mine, Thank You. Anywhere in a Box from Jersey to Chicago to Texas to Georgia and back to Jersey. Was a Suicide Jockey for 20+ yrs. (Gasoline). Steel out, whatever pays My Rate going back......Pumpkin?.......Fed Ex?....... Paaallleeezzz !!!

Sometimes I miss driving, I did it for 20 years, but this kinda makes me not miss it so much...
20170406_153940.jpg

Vulva Condo with Super Singles......probably a Russkie Steel Hauler outta Chitown. Nothing against the man, hope to God he made it out. Just not the best trained individuals out here. One of a multitude of problems we have in this Country today but then again the problems are too numerous to mention as The United States of America as we knew it has ceased to exist. Unfortunately, an issue for us all to suffer over but one for another day. As for me, I won't miss anything about this when I close the book. And that can't happen quickly enough.

Vulva Condo with Super Singles......probably a Russkie Steel Hauler outta Chitown. Nothing against the man, hope to God he made it out. Just not the best trained individuals out here. One of a multitude of problems we have in this Country today but then again the problems are too numerous to mention as The United States of America as we knew it has ceased to exist. Unfortunately, an issue for us all to suffer over but one for another day. As for me, I won't miss anything about this when I close the book. And that can't happen quickly enough.
Nope, a Pete. That was the aftermath of my encounter with a Swift driver that dove to the shoulder in front of me but didn't get completely clear of the driving lane. I had nowhere to go and hit the corner of the trailer at 65. I was lucky to survive that one...

Boom. Happy to hear you got outta that one. Thank the Lord. Have quite a bit of experience with those Knuckleheads in the Midwest. As crazy a bunch as you're likely to find. At least until you back em' up. They don't like that.....Once again, glad you're still with us

Boom. Happy to hear you got outta that one. Thank the Lord. Have quite a bit of experience with those Knuckleheads in the Midwest. As crazy a bunch as you're likely to find. At least until you back em' up. They don't like that.....Once again, glad you're still with us
Thanks Joe. I was relatively okay after that deal, 5 broken ribs, a cracked sternum and the worst part was a broken femur that was pushed into my hip socket and pretty much destroyed it. Can't sit for very long at one time anymore, that's why my Busa rides are typically brief but enthusiastic! I've put 6500 miles on it in less than a year, which is 1500 more than the previous owner did in the three years he owned it, so I'm trying at least. Stay safe out there, and watch out for those Swift drivers... :beerchug:

Back