Pair Block Off Plate Help

OB_DanaT

Registered
Ok,

I have a few questions for you people. I need to make a set of block-off plates today. I need to know a little about the design that everyone is using.

1) What thickness is everyone using? The materials I have available today ae some thin gauge Titainium (about .020 inch) and then aluminum (various grades) from about .125 inches and up. How thick do they need to be for the bolts to hold them down?

2) Sealing the plates. I noticed that Suzuki uses a polymer gasket of some type. Is anyone using a gasket on the block off plates? If so what material? I was thinking of using either teflon or a reinforced silicone. Does anyone know what the temperature the bottom of the block off plates reach? I would like to select a gasket material that will hold up to the heat as most polymers degrade between 200 and 500 degrees C.

Thanks
-Dana

goto themotorhead.com technical discussion topic "byebye pair crap" I'll post pics of the plates I got from JohnnyCheese. The orig gaskets were trashed so I used permatex blue(you'll see).

Kurt

Back