Overheated today!

Fredyp33

Registered
Got into some heavy stop and go traffic, and when I looked down at the dash, I noticed the temp gauge all the way up and the red light on. So I zipped into a parking lot to turn the motor off, but kept the key in the on position to allow the fan to keep running.

I've been in some stop and go traffic before, and my fan kicks on like normal, but I've never had the temp raise that high. Should I be concerned? Fan works like normal and no other warning lights exist.

Got a muzzy fan and just did a coolant change. (And I made sure to burp the system!)

Leaving the fan on with the bike off is useless. The water is not flowing when the engine is off so you are just cooling off water in the radiator.

Time for you to do the second fan mod!

Sent from my rooted HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

Leaving the fan on with the bike off is useless. The water is not flowing when the engine is off so you are just cooling off water in the radiator.

Time for you to do the second fan mod!

Sent from my rooted HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

+1, you need the 2nd fan.

It happened to me once and I had no issues afterwards. Hopefully you were as lucky. I caught mine as soon as the light came on.

I never had an issue like this with my 05, I think you have other issues. Had my bike in stop and go traffic in 116F temps, never even thought about getting hot.

that's weird, mine gets hot fast. if i sit at a long light the fan kicks on. no traffic jams for me, I had to ride the shoulder a few times to keep from overheating. seems to me once the fan kicks on the motor is already too hot to get cooled down..... i want to do the second fan mod but seems i have to remove the pair valves too... how much of a PITA is that?

I have my second fan but need someone to fabricate the brackets for me to attach it :(
Anyone want to make some money?

I never had an issue like this with my 05, I think you have other issues. Had my bike in stop and go traffic in 116F temps, never even thought about getting hot.

Same here. I've sat in bike week traffic for hours and never had it overheat or even think about getting hot.

Same here. I've sat in bike week traffic for hours and never had it overheat or even think about getting hot.

The original design must have been border line. Suzuki made changes in the Gen II to correct the issue. I've heard others say the same about there bikes. My '06, new with low miles couldn't handle the heavy traffic, wrecks on the interstate, time to hit an exit. Myrtle Beach Bike week , stay off ocean bldv.

Did the overflow bottle fill up and leave a puddle on the ground? Check the radiator cap too. It does sound like an air pocket, but you say you checked to make sure. Might be time to check again.

Back