Org Email

Discussion in 'Message board Suggestions and New Features' started by captain, Nov 3, 2001.

1. captain

captain Dis in my way! Staff Member Administrator

Well here it is, were back for sure, we ran the last board as a test and got a huge response. I have placed this message board on a new server and it will stay online for you to use. Because I wanted a clean install I deleted all of the old post and usernames. So the first 100 people that register on this board I will set up a Hayabusa.org POP3 email account. Whenever you sign up I will be notified and I will use your login and password that you use to login to this site. If you need anything send an email to captain@hayabusa.org and I will respond back. Sorry for the downtime on the board, but were here to stay...

Captain

2. Maximum71

Maximum71 Hayabusa Immortal Donating Member

Yes, it's bout time we got on the ball. Site is up and running strong it's time to expand it some more! Time for another facelift...this time completely FLASH.

3. captain

One more thing, If you want the email then just reply to this post, I don't want to create accounts for those that do not want it.

4. White Night

White Night Registered

It looks like this could be a promising site.  I'm definitely interested in an e-mail account with that "hayabusa.org" domain name! :biggrin: :shocked: :biggrin:

5. captain

No problem white night, I am setting the web email up now, if things go right, you will also be able to send SMS messages to cell phones and pagers from the web interface. I will count you in for the email

6. captain

White Night your email is set up, I sent you a message with the details of the servers and such. If you have any questions just let me know.

7. Andy

Andy Registered

[​IMG]
    Hey Cap.I used to be known as Blue but most of my posts and messages have gone, anyway I'm here in my own name now (it wouldn't let me use this in Nov.) So could I have an email acc. in my new name rather than the old one please,
    I hope this is no big inconvienience !!!

ps:Can I have blues 20 odd posts added to mine [​IMG]

8. captain

Are you saying that you cannot log in to the profile of Blue? I see your account on the server.. Try and log in and make sure that when you login that you do it remembering that UNIX is case sensative. I sae that the member Blue has a capital B.. Try that and let me know..

9. Andy

Andy Registered

Hey Cap.
    Sorry I didn't make myself clear, I can log in as Blue but noticed a lot of my posts and replies have gone, but then I realized that a lot of posts have gone, anyway the thing is I would much prefer to stay as Andy (it would not let me register as Andy back in Nov.) So if it's not too much trouble could I have my hayabusa.org email in the name of Andy instead of blue [​IMG]

10. captain

Andy, email is complete..... I sent you a PM.

11. captain

So you know the reason that some of the post are missing is that after you all posted on the new version of the board there was a software upgrade and I had to make a decision if I was going to run the site in SQL database with perl extensions, I decided that there will probably be a lot of traffic here soon so I went ahead and installed the perl SQL extension database,, some of the data did not convert.. But as you can see there are more features on the board than before. Everything should be OK now and the board and information should load faster..

12. Andy

Andy Registered

No problemo !!!!!!
    but could you message me on how to set up my pop 3 account please, the last one was lost

merry xmas