Opinions on the Sidi Strada Evo Tepor?

Un-Caged

Donating Member
Registered
I have been thinking of ordering a pair; they look like a nice boot. Anybody here have them? I need something with good ankle padding because my ankles get irritated very quickly otherwise. Any other less flashy but quality boot suggestions?

I have had mine about a year and love them. I would wear them all the time but do not want to wear them out. They are very comfortable, I will buy another pair when these wear out. I bet Charles at Street And Track has them.

super.gif

They are GREAT! I've had mine for almost a year as well and absolutely LOVE them. They are so frickin comfortable that when I tried them on it was a "done deal" on the spot. The ankle protection is adequate for a get off on the street, but you don't get that feeling that your ankles are placed in a walking cast.

Unlike you, I sometimes wish they had toe sliders (sounds like you want to be more incognito).

Road tested as waterproof
laugh.gif

Even though they are waterproof and lack venting, surprisingly they are not hot in the summer. I rode in 100+ temps and never thought about hot feet. (Helmet was baking tho
crazy.gif
)

If I have a gripe, it would be that the sole is "thin" in that the tread will wear out if I wear them all the time and have to walk around in them for long periods. I just don't want them to wear out! They are seriously as comfortable as my tennis shoes.

Remember that Sidis tend to run a bit narrow (great for me cuz I have long skinny feet)

Definately recommend
super.gif

Great reviews so far. You're correct about the sliders speed. I'm looking for more of an everyday, what's a twisty I live in Florida, riding boot.
beerchug.gif

(georgiabusa_05 @ Dec. 02 2006,16:51) I have had mine about a year and love them. I would wear them all the time but do not want to wear them out. They are very comfortable, I will buy another pair when these wear out. I bet Charles at Street And Track has them.
Can you post pics of them at a year old? I am interested to see how they wear over time.

I got these in March '06. This is 8,000 miles and some substantial walking time. The tread is wearing thin (smooth in the high contact areas, but I'll wear them til the sole gets thin. I should get a couple more years at this rate (hopefully!)
The soles:

100_1190.jpg

Man, looking at SpeedGeek's pics makes me want to write Sidi and tell them to offer a W version of their boots. I tried on some Vertigo Air and Corsa, but they are too narrow. Next up, I tried on their baby-booming Set Up brand and sure enough, they fit nice. Sidi's influence with a wide availability makes the Set Up Vision fit my need. Time to order some up. Hopefully Sidi has given all the same trademark quality to its little boot brand and they will wear nicely over time.

Charlie

You may want to look into the B2 or the Vertigo boots? A step up and both have toe sliders. I have the Vertigo's and really like them.

Back