Ok Busa Gurus.

mike04busa

Registered
I have a friends 2007 Busa at my place. It has like 30,000 miles, needs tail plastic, the rest of the bike was painted at one point and needs to be repainted, best part it that the engine has a life size hole in it from recriprocating parts trying to escape What's this thing worth as it sits? Thanks for any input. It does have a clear title.

Last edited:
That's the path iam taking. But he has zero mechanical skill and no place to part it out. Iam basically trying to come up with a figure that would be fair and buy it from him and part it out myself. It needs a whole engine, some plastics, brakes and some other small work.

Part out value.
A Grand to maybe, maybe $1500.
Considering the miles(which is nothing, but matters to some), needs a tail, and engine.
Figure $1500 to 2k for a used engine(or likely more repairing what you have, cases, crank, top end, ect), $2-300 for a tail. The cost of alot of your time, plus a depreciated value after a likely engine swap.
What's it worth in excellent shape? Maybe $4500-$5000?? I wouldn't want more than 3k in it completely rebuilt.
I wouldn't pay over a grand for it personally, but that's just me.

Last edited:
As a whole, the bike is really only valuable to someone with a totalled bike that has a good engine. The clear title and frame has some value, maybe a grand itself to the right person. The rest of the parts are good, but you may sit on them quite a while, and not make much. Considering how much is already out there on ebay and craiglist.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Quick pic of the inside of the engine

I'm with sixpack on this. Make sure you won't need that garage space because you'll have parts taking up space for a while.

There is a guy on here that just recovered his stolen bike and needs a lot of parts so, he could take your full fairing set harnesses and some other odds and ends that he needs. Might be worth reaching out to him and you should be able to recoup your initial investment (if you end buying it for $500) right away.

EDIT: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/recovered-bike.191400/

Thanks. I read his post about the recovered bike. I put the offer out there iam waiting to hear back from him. If I do get it, there will be a lot of for sale parts.

500.00! For that i would take it and part it out. It can be stripped to the nuts and bolts in half a day at most.

Thanks. I read his post about the recovered bike. I put the offer out there iam waiting to hear back from him. If I do get it, there will be a lot of for sale parts.
I am definitely interested. :D. I am still looking for main engine and front wiring harness and every thing that needs the keys(ignition, gas cap and rear cowling lid). Please keep me updated.

Back