Oil leakage

Alistair dcosta

Registered
Hi All,

My bikes oil is leaking from the below mentioned picture. Any idea about reason behind it? Where can i get one?

c81faea4-7789-4a45-9363-1166b2d60b06.jpeg

The reason why it’s leaking?
It’s old and requires replacement.
Whenever you post up regarding your bike, please state the the year model.
Welcome along.

Here’s one… cheap!

@Kiwi Rider

a comparable "leaking" also can often be seen on the Gen1 after about 15 years at that single oil line on the left at the front of the engine.

i personally observe/watch this line, whenever I put off the left fairing.
and if it is really damp/wet, it will be replaced with a new, original one.

once every 15 years or so it feels cheap, no matter how much they charge for it as new.

@Kiwi Rider a comparable "leaking" also can often be seen on the Gen1 after about 15 years at that single oil line on the left at the front of the engine. i personally observe/watch this line, whenever I put off the left fairing. and if it is really damp/wet, it will be replaced with a new, original one. once every 15 years or so it feels cheap, no matter how much they charge for it as new.
@Kiwi Rider a comparable "leaking" also can often be seen on the Gen1 after about 15 years at that single oil line on the left at the front of the engine. i personally observe/watch this line, whenever I put off the left fairing. and if it is really damp/wet, it will be replaced with a new, original one. once every 15 years or so it feels cheap, no matter how much they charge for it as new.

There is an o-ring under each end of that line too, replace them both since you are replacing the line, and lube the o-rings lightly before installing.
Torque the bolts, double-check the spec, but I think it's 89" lbs

sorry but no

the O-rings never go bad

it is in 99.9% the squeezing at the line itself

AND !
the M6-allen bolts at the flanges get at max 10 Nm

the two M10 hollow screws at the single oil line (front, left) get at max 17 Nm

never do a overtorquing at ALL steel screws into the alu - the risk of ripping the inner thread out is massive !

sorry but no

the O-rings never go bad

AND !

never do a overtorquing at ALL steel screws into the alu - the risk of ripping the inner thread out is massive !
Uh, what? O rings never go bad?

I beg to differ as over time and constant cold/heat cycles causes them to harden and go brittle over time...

Uh, what? O rings never go bad?

uuh yes :-

not these four for the oil line, at least not with all the Hayabusa that I already had in my workshop.
the current one is from '99 and, as far as I know, no one has ever been on it.
the current owner, as well as the previous owner, are both apparently pretty maintenance sluts.

overall this busa is in a really pathetic condition.

what would be better written is
these 4 O-rings .....
so my experiances

sorry but no

the O-rings never go bad

AND !

Not sorry, Yes...o-rings DO go bad.
You go ahead and change your oil lines, and cheap out and don't replace the o-rings for a couple bucks...and when they leak...you can do it again.
I just changed all 4 o-rings on both oil-cooler lines on my 2003 Gsxr1k.
All 4 were hard as a rock.
I also said I wasn't sure on the torque rating, and what I quoted was Less than spec

@Kiwi Rider

a comparable "leaking" also can often be seen on the Gen1 after about 15 years at that single oil line on the left at the front of the engine.

i personally observe/watch this line, whenever I put off the left fairing.
and if it is really damp/wet, it will be replaced with a new, original one.

once every 15 years or so it feels cheap, no matter how much they charge for it as new.
Yep, mine was leaking (seepage only) a few years ago, I replaced it with OEM part.
Must've had 110,000kms on it.

i'm assuming the O rings are Viton and not plain nitrile
heat cycles more able to be accommodated with Viton

I took out oem Suzuki...and put back oem Suzuki.
I am familiar with viton o-rings, as we use them where I work, and the oem Suzuki o-rings do not look or feel like viton, but I cannot confirm whether they are or aren't.

Back