Oh No!!!

xpigrider, I dunno for what reason the sprocket case was broken... But I know for a fact its not cause of rapid de-accelration
wink.gif
The maximum problems that I have heard about while very hard breaking is break calipers jamming... Though its very very rare

Happened to me also... I've got an extra cover if you need it.
Cecil Stringer thank you for your offer, but I am going to have the bike serviced and checked out.  You guys are awesome on this sight.  I guess BUSA riders don't have any strangers.
One good turn deserves another... these guys are frequently bailling me out.
Good luck on the bike.
Mine was under warranty, but the part was on back-order.
I ended up buying on from a local (non Suzuki dealership) shop and had them install it.
A few weeks later, the Suzuki part came in.

Semper Fi... ATGATT.

It all worked out good. While I have it in the shop i'm going have them put me a lowering tree, power commander, and air shifter some time this summer. I was told by the mechanic that with a air shift I can shift at 10000 rpm and not let up off the trottle. Is that true. Does any one know.

The air shifters cut the ignition for a very short time to unload the engine torque to a safer shifting range, then up-shift and turn the ignition back on. It won't hurt the tranny or clutch if it's working correctly.

Do you have heavy duty springs in the clutch? Usually thats what bust the sprocket cover since it will flex and crack with heavy duty springs. Schnitz racing sells a support to keep this from happening.
I"m curious and maybe I'm missing something but

how can heavy duty clutch springs which are on the right side of the motor crack the sprocket cover on the left side of the motor?

because when you squeeze the clutch your cylinder pushes a rod that goes to the right side and disengages your clutch that is held in by those spring. so stonger springs require more force to disengage that in turn push back harder on the rod and if you have a weaken cover when you squeeze the clutch instead of your cylinder pushing the rod in, it pushes your cover out and *pop* busted cover:(   sounds good to me, someone verify me on this

P.S.......your clutch cylinder is in your sproket cover

<!--EDIT|bigjohn141
Reason for Edit: "forgot something"|1108444110 -->

Do you have heavy duty springs in the clutch? Usually thats what bust the sprocket cover since it will flex and crack with heavy duty springs. Schnitz racing sells a support to keep this from happening.
I"m curious and maybe I'm missing something but

how can heavy duty clutch springs which are on the right side of the motor crack the sprocket cover on the left side of the motor?
Bigjohn pretty much nailed it. The clutch cylinder pushs a rod that pushs on the pressure plate and the pressure plate sqeezes the springs to dissengage the clutch. So with the heavy duty springs they are harder to squeeze so that puts more pressure on the sprocket cover that the clutch cylinder bolts to. Then next thing you know you have a busted sprocket cover and no clutch. Thats why they sell the aftermarket clutch cylinder supports.

I never said the clutch cylinder was on the right side. I just didn't see how having the plates,steels, and springs on the right side affected the left side. I completely forgot about how the actual clutch gets disengaged.
cool.gif
I see how people break theirs then.

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108472649 -->

Go with the PC 3 on your after market exhaust, $500 sounds high shop around you can get better deals or buy busawild one not much can go wrong with them. Make sure to get the right map!
I would never tie anything down if it broke at the wrong time it could cause way to many problems or a crash.

Back