Offical GoPro Thread

Windows 7 can semi-handle .mp4's natively with the newer version of WMM what works on Win7, but XP and the old WMM cannot.

Saiid, I did get Quicktime Pro because it would let me break up a .mp4 without degredation into smaller files I could work with.

You can edit .mp4 in XP with Adobe Premier Elements (may require a correctly installed codec pack), but the real truth is you have to have a newer computer with some horsepower. My old Pentium 4 machine can't handle it; duo-core a must and quad-core better. I'm still trying to find a good method too.

Windows 7 can semi-handle .mp4's natively with the newer version of WMM what works on Win7, but XP and the old WMM cannot.

Saiid, I did get Quicktime Pro because it would let me break up a .mp4 without degredation into smaller files I could work with.

You can edit .mp4 in XP with Adobe Premier Elements (may require a correctly installed codec pack), but the real truth is you have to have a newer computer with some horsepower. My old Pentium 4 machine can't handle it; duo-core a must and quad-core better. I'm still trying to find a good method too.

Well, darn. My netbook does not handle the size of the file very well. The sound does not match the video no matter what I do. Is there a freeware version of something that converts the mp4 to mp3 or another file type WMM will edit?

All of the converters I've been able to find, either free or buy, will lose some quality in the conversion process I've not been able to get around that yet.

Well, at this point, until I upgrade my desktop with a more powerful hard drive and Windows7, I may be forced to accept that. I may download Prism tonight and see what I can do with it.

I don't understand why people are messing w/ YouTube...???
Vimeo.com does 500mb HD files.

and yes, the newest version of Windows Movie Maker on Windows 7 will pick up any MP4 movie file.

Now, let's talk about mounts...... :beerchug:
Where's everyone mounting these things? So far, I've used it on my helmet, and it seems ideal on the lower side.

Last edited:

and yes, the newest version of Windows Movie Maker on Windows 7 will pick up any MP4 movie file.

Where's everyone mounting these things? So far, I've used it on my helmet, and it seems ideal on the lower side.

Mike, I am using the suction cup mount. In the second video I posted, I got well into the triples and she stayed solid as a rock.

Nice!!! :thumbsup:
I'm gonna try that then. I'm really tempted to see how night video's come out.

They come out pretty good. The second video was getting dark on me, and it was pretty boring after I got off the turnpike. With HID's it looks pretty cool seeing the signs light up in the distance. I will see if I can pull another section of video tonight and play with Vimeo.

I have a RAM ball built into my slider, and mount off it.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet

That camera works great.

Dont ya just love that stretch of road on County Line :thumbsup:

Skydvr I have Dell XPS with 'intel core 2 Quad' ?
Thing came with vista but when I ordered it I had them install XP instead.

I do want to get one.
I just dont want to be cursin the thing trying to figure it out.

The suction cup will hold great, until something bumps the camera housing at speed. I ground the edge of the casing off of mine right before it let go. The tape pads hold much stronger if the mounting surface is cleaned well.

I had it on the lower fairing buy the stator cover. It had a good strong hold until I was at a pretty good lean angle and it got rubbed off. I will be using the tape pads, and mounting it higher, next this year.

Back