Oem Rear Seat Question

Ham

Registered
I have seen people powder coat there rear sets and wanted to know how do you take out the rubber bushings

2016-11-30 00.28.49.jpg

They are a swine to get out and almost all the time you will destroy them in doing so. They are cheap to get new ones though.

Other way is to find washers that cover the bushes and a small bolt. Put the washers either side and bolt together. That should keep the majority of the powder coat off them.

They are a swine to get out and almost all the time you will destroy them in doing so. They are cheap to get new ones though.

Other way is to find washers that cover the bushes and a small bolt. Put the washers either side and bolt together. That should keep the majority of the powder coat off them.
So i took my rear sets to the powder coater an he said he did not feel comfortable doing them because of the rubber. He said because he will outgas the metal for 1 hour. That was the part he wasn't sure about. Any thoughts and or advice on what to do

20161201_190646.jpg

Used a socket and extension to tap mine out. Socket fit perfectly around the metal edge of the bushing.

Back