OEM Header with tips

gsxr051

Registered
How many people have the stock header and have chrome tips?
Im looking at doing this, is it a good idea or no? Not really wanting to spend a lot on mufflers.

Sorry guys for not being clear. The stock headers without the midpipes and mufflers. here is a pictures

7J6oLbytTmiuYcBz9NXAjbu3Xq2N8RN00300.jpg

2" auto exhaust tips, 2 clamps from your local auto store. cut some slits on the end of that attaches to the header. not to long just enough for the clamp to cover. The slits will let the 2" pipe shrink to the 1 7/8(approx dia) of the stock header. approx cost 20-30 dollars. Can buy Baffles from a number of sites(ebay included) and prices vary. 2" dia x 4inch long baffles or 6" long one. Can have them delivered for $10+. Do it yourself and save the $$ for other mods.

Voodoo's are sure sweet,but for $40 vs $499....

You will get mixed thoughts on these and how they will effect your bike. Go this route...Do a search for the "Marble Mod". Best to get a Power commander and custom map also.

Well since you got the PC it's best to get a map done for it. It can only make your bike run better. Not meaning just faster,but also smoother acceleration and so forth. Let the peeps on the board know where you located and maybe they can offer you a place to go to to get it mapped.

This was my brothers bike and he gave it to me and he said something about it being programmed but i will talk to him more and see if he had it done.

You don't need no stinking power commander or fancy pep boys exhaust tips. Just hacksaw the crappy ol' stock exhaust off and duct tape some cheerleader megaphones on.
Webshots.com Links Do Not Work

Then bounce that motor off the rev limiter!!!

loud and sexy!

cheers
ken

Legal disclaimer:
This in an "in jest post". The poster takes no responsibility for any liability or damages incured from following the advice contained within.

You don't need no stinking power commander or fancy pep boys exhaust tips. Just hacksaw the crappy ol' stock exhaust off and duct tape some cheerleader megaphones on.
<a href="http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2989542670102950911uisuUI">Webshots.com Links Do Not Work
Then bounce that motor off the rev limiter!!!

loud and sexy!

cheers
ken

Legal disclaimer:
This in an "in jest post". The poster takes no responsibility for any liability or damages incured from following the advice contained within.
ices_rofl.gif

I just took my cans off the other day.. Left the midpipes on and am gonna run it like that.. There's a couple people on here that are running it this way also and say there is no power loss with a Power Commander and slip-on map

Sounds really good and with the 'Marble Mod', or in my case - the 'socket extension mod' when you're too lazy to go buy marbles lol, has no backfires at all

My PC is on the way sooo Ill let you know how it goes when I hook it up

Ok thanks. And yes the PC is programmed right. When you unplug it will everything get reset? Do i need to reprogram it?

Back