O2 sensor disconnect, how?

Greek_Busa

Registered
Hi guys,
Has anyone of you disconnected the O2 sensor?
Can you give me a step by step guide?
The power commander map gives me two steps on doing this, but how?
PowerCommander map says:
".....Unplug O2 sensor connector (R/H side, near clutch).
Unplug pin 11 on ECU large connector to disable FI light...."

Does this mode gives you any more power low-down. I have a full akra system and a K&N air filter and since I installed the power commander I felt full power deliver on top, a linear power delivery in general, but lowered the power low down and middle, when a friend of mine with a 99 model, same mods, is having a hell of power down there. I have a 2002 model.
Thanx.

This only will keep the f1 light from coming on, no power gain, the correct wire is black with a brown stripe.Unlock the clip thing on the plug, locate the wire, just pull it out of the connector,slide the lock back in place and reconnect to the ECM.:)

I don't mean to be a wet blanket or sound like the old phart that I am, but any closed loop engine management system needs oxygen sensor input to complete the closed loop. Without the ECM knowing how rich or lean the exhaust is, it can only "guess" at the proper injector pulse width for the given throttle position, manifold pressure and speed. And "fooling" the ECM into thinking all is well by playing with the wiring is just fooling yourself. In other words, your "improvements" might detract from the bike's performance. Just an FYI from one who has seen a lot of guys do that very thing...

Ed

I don't mean to be a wet blanket or sound like the old phart that I am, but any closed loop engine management system needs oxygen sensor input to complete the closed loop.  Without the ECM knowing how rich or lean the exhaust is, it can only "guess" at the proper injector pulse width for the given throttle position, manifold pressure and speed.  And "fooling" the ECM into thinking all is well by playing with the wiring is just fooling yourself.  In other words, your "improvements" might detract from the bike's performance.  Just an FYI from one who has seen a lot of guys do that very thing...

Ed
Do you think dyno jet would tell you how to do something that would hurt the bike?

Ive had my HMF installed almost 9 months now with the 02 disabled,no drivability issues what so ever.

Well, let's see - do they guarantee that it won't or does their warranty exclude any responsibility for damage as a result of the use of the part? If the latter is the case, and it usually is, what do they have to lose?

I have no doubt that you haven't experienced any problems. But if your ECM is being fooled into thinking that all is well and doesn't illuminate its MIL, how would you know otherwise?

Ed

Didnt we have this discussion before back in march? The 02 serves no purpose in this, his, or my application, the power commander is controlling the mix,But since you are a ASE Master Technician, and you apparently know better that dynojet, what do you suggest? weld in a bung and reinstall the sensor? You know as well as I ,that any map other than the one suzuki put in the ecm will turn the light on,thats why dynojet gives directions for the disable.The alternative is to have the ecm reflashed and change the warning parameters,who does this, You? If the maps on the site were too aggressive, you would be reading about 1000's of bikes all over the world scorching pistons or valves on bike web sites every day! NJ.

Thanx guys for all the support, but I forgot to tell you in my former question that my mechanic welded the O2 sensor in my full akrapovic just in the same place where it was. He opened a hole in the neck and oxygon-welded the sensor. He told me that's the right thing to do...
Well do we have a problem here?
The O2 sensor in the full akrapovic is a totally wrong setting?
If we do have a problem, taking it out and closing the hole, do we sort things out?
And if is OK, what map should I be using then?
Sorry I mixed things up here, but please help me ...

Thanx guys for all the support, but I forgot to tell you in my former question that my mechanic welded the O2 sensor in my full akrapovic just in the same place where it was. He opened a hole in the neck and oxygon-welded the sensor. He told me that's the right thing to do...
Well do we have a problem here?
The O2 sensor in the full akrapovic is a totally wrong setting?
If we do have a problem, taking it out and closing the hole, do we sort things out?
And if is OK, what map should I be using then?
Sorry I mixed things up here, but please help me ...
I dont know as the site(dynojet) makes no mention in the descriptions of maps of the 02 still being in place.I would think it wouldnt hurt things,but I do think if you dont diable the light, it will come on with the acropovic map, the map is lean all the way through from start to redline.

Im sure you have sorted it now but the sensor I believeis there for emissions only and tries to keep the AFR at a clean %...I was told something like 14 but I cant remember..

My exhaust has no O2 bung, so the factory exhaust and O2 sensor has been decorating my garage for 5 years. I believe a dummie plug from dyno jet was installed to kill the FI light. 37K Miles.

A 5.6 ohm resistor across the bottom 2 pins will sort it :thumbsup:

My full Yoshi system came with no bung for the sensor so must not be vital to the operation

IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

Im sure you have sorted it now but the sensor I believeis there for emissions only and tries to keep the AFR at a clean %...I was told something like 14 but I cant remember..

You do realize this is an 8 year old thread right? :laugh:

This only will keep the f1 light from coming on, no power gain, the correct wire is black with a brown stripe.Unlock the clip thing on the plug, locate the wire, just pull it out of the connector,slide the lock back in place and reconnect to the ECM.:)
Hello, can you tell us more about this cable, which is the pin? This will increase the engine power? F1 I have a problem, an error code 044. I would like to increase the power, whether it is possible, thanks. Motorcycle 2004 European

Back