not happy reading "busa problems"

thanks guys....i just cant wait....i should be riding it home in a weeks time

may i ask..what should i expect from jumping from a 1000rr to a busa...they say in turns the busa flops to its side, is this true?

The busa will be alittle heavier of course than a 1000 and it isn't as flickable in the twisties. The power is great and you can still have fun tearing up the curves if you know what you are doing. Performance wise it is a great bike and I think you will be very happy with it.

I felt the same way when I bought mine I did alot of research.I've had my 05 for a year now NO problems.

you just dont really wanna push the busa in a turn as much as a 1k
with the additional weight and mass, ,if you lose the front end you prolly wont get it back, imo
but heck, in the real world, do you really wanna be cranked over full tilt around a turn, and come face to fender with a blue haired mini van driver?

you just dont really wanna push the busa in a turn as much as a 1k
with the additional weight and mass, ,if you lose the front end you prolly wont get it back, imo
but heck, in the real world, do you really wanna be cranked over full tilt around a turn, and come face to fender with a blue haired mini van driver?
well actually im changing over to a busa as i wanna stop speeding in the twisties....on the streets it isnt safe

i love cruising though and ride almost daily...

what about manouvering the busa in tight traffic? is it that bad or .....?

oh before i forget....im not really a wheelie chap..how does launching the hayabusa by ur average rider feel like? or do i expect second/third gear power wheelies?

<!--EDIT|repsolz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138374699 -->

what about manouvering the busa in tight traffic? is it that bad or .....?
It can get heavy after a while, and in the summer heat, the bike is hot to sit on. Some have issues with overheating (yeah, forgot that's the OTHER problem I have had and have yet to fix), especially if stuck in traffic...

I don't know whether it's really bad in tight traffic though...it takes some getting used to I guess, but it's not bothersome enough to not buy a Busa...IMHO...

Va busa

i have seen the overheating prob while riding with a friend who had a 99 busa...it was shooting a line of hot water as it was parked to the side....it looked like a dog taking a piss
laugh.gif

Va busa

i have seen the overheating prob while riding with a friend who had a 99 busa...it was shooting a line of hot water as it was parked to the side....it looked like a dog taking a piss
laugh.gif
Luckily I don't ride in heavy traffic often...both times I've had to stop to let him cool down, I was in Virginia Beach riding the strip along the water front...wall to wall traffic. Either my Busa doesn't like the traffic or it's just VA Beach
laugh.gif

It's a fixable problem...I just haven't taken the time yet...my fault...

laugh.gif

IF you hammer it off the line and power shift at about 7-10k the front will jump on you going into 2,3,4. I keep the front down on launch by climbing over the front tire, the back may be spinning but I am not looking behind me either.

I alway get a 2-3 lift when coming off highway onramps around here, it usually happens mid lane drift... @ about 60-80mph

thanx corroded alien....damn the 1000rr stays both wheels down from 2nd gear and a pinned throttle

gotta watch out for myself on the big busa
blush.gif

Stock 05 for almost a year.  Only problem was the shaft that the shifter pivots on started unscrewing.  Locktite fixed that.  The idle and fast idle will drop (I think it's the cables stretching). Adjusted each once and they stayed put.

Never overheats, oil is always full, starts instantly, shifts like glass, runs like a scalded jack rabbit, and the brakes are good. Handles great for its size. Besides lubing the chain and airing the tires, I never have to do anything to it.

I've been following this board and SH.org for more than a year, and problems are rare on stock Busas.

I wish I could say the same for the other vehicles I own.  Even the Camry has the check engine light on (I'm on my third gas cap).

<!--EDIT|FAVahalik
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138657893 -->

ok well since we are doing this list thing here
smile.gif

5340 miles , bought it new 12/2/05, i got reamed on the price but sh1t I had to have it.

Problems: Shift lever fell off at 3k miles, loctited and torqued down.
Engine buzz from 4500 + ever since cam chain started making noise. I expect the noise and the vibration to go away once the automatic tensioner clicks into the next teeth. Bad gas milege due to some yeehawing
biggrin.gif

two damn tickets
mad.gif

entirely too fast, it's hard to do anything under 90mph. Feels like you are standing still at 65. I tried to stay within the limite for an hour and my back was aching and my arms were killing me. Once it hits 100 the wind supports your upperbody up and you are in the comfort zone, ROFL.

Try explaining that to the cops.
laugh.gif

somewhere in the neighborhood of 17k now and only problem I had was the starter going bad... the extended warranty covered it 100% and that was a known issue on 02s. Otherwise, change oil and tires almost at the same time, take care of the chain and you are pretty good to go
cool.gif

ok well since we are doing this list thing here
smile.gif

5340 miles , bought it new 12/2/05, i got reamed on the price but sh1t I had to have it.

Problems:  Shift lever fell off at 3k miles, loctited and torqued down.
Engine buzz from 4500 + ever since cam chain started making noise.  I expect the noise and the vibration to go away once the automatic tensioner clicks into the next teeth.  Bad gas milege due to some yeehawing
biggrin.gif

two damn tickets
mad.gif

entirely too fast, it's hard to do anything under 90mph.  Feels like you are standing still at 65.  I tried to stay within the limite for an hour and my back was aching and my arms were killing me.  Once it hits 100 the wind supports your upperbody up and you are in the comfort zone, ROFL.

Try explaining that to the cops.
laugh.gif
5340 miles in 2 months. I thought I rode alot.

No problems with my 02 ( 30,000 miles ) and no problems with my 04 ( 14,000 miles )!

Back