New To Bush

chris24pc

Registered
Just wanted to say hi, as I became the very proud owner of a 2013 low mileage model in black/gray on Friday. I haven't stopped riding it and can't stop smiling.
I've had quite a few big bikes in my life (I am pretty old) but for the last 4 years have owned a lovely Honda VFR1200, used just for my 90 minute commute every day.
Unfortunately the old girl suddenly dropped 4th gear and the dealers were quoting between 2 and 3 grand to fix!!!!!
There was no way I was spending this sort of money on a 10 plate bike so I did a bit of a deal with a great dealer in my area called John's of Romford.
The bike is a one owner with 8000 miles on the clock and it runs like a rocket on wheels.
I read so many reviews over the last few days, so I was expecting the bike to feel too heavy, have dodgy brakes (even though they are Brembo) and be uncomfortable. Well - I've learnt not to take a blind bit of notice of other people's opinions. It is the most comfortable bike I've ridden - apart from a couple of old plodding boxer BMW's. The brake is amazing, even better than my linked VFR system, and although the bike is no lightweight it is perfectly formed and balanced.
Now I'm looking forward to reading all the posts on this forum.

Just wanted to say hi, as I became the very proud owner of a 2013 low mileage model in black/gray on Friday. I haven't stopped riding it and can't stop smiling.
I've had quite a few big bikes in my life (I am pretty old) but for the last 4 years have owned a lovely Honda VFR1200, used just for my 90 minute commute every day.
Unfortunately the old girl suddenly dropped 4th gear and the dealers were quoting between 2 and 3 grand to fix!!!!!
There was no way I was spending this sort of money on a 10 plate bike so I did a bit of a deal with a great dealer in my area called John's of Romford.
The bike is a one owner with 8000 miles on the clock and it runs like a rocket on wheels.
I read so many reviews over the last few days, so I was expecting the bike to feel too heavy, have dodgy brakes (even though they are Brembo) and be uncomfortable. Well - I've learnt not to take a blind bit of notice of other people's opinions. It is the most comfortable bike I've ridden - apart from a couple of old plodding boxer BMW's. The brake is amazing, even better than my linked VFR system, and although the bike is no lightweight it is perfectly formed and balanced.
Now I'm looking forward to reading all the posts on this foh
Now I'm looking forward to reading all the posts on this forum.

Back