New Tires. Problem?

Did you inspect the inside of the tires before remounting them?

Unfortunately, no. They were being almost pushy about not doing it. Then, they wanted to scare me off, by saying they were super busy. They MIGHT get to it today. We have a lot of bikes ahead of yours. I said thats fine, I have my truck here. I would have loved to document the whole thing. From dismount to re-mount.

Moral of the story: don't bring your bike back to that shop for anything, don't ask them any thing either, because they don't know sh**

No kidding. I'll gladly make the 130 mile trip to the other shop. And its not because I wanted to save a buck. The other shop is almost 75 miles away, and it isn't easy to get to. $2.29/gal / 15mpgs (towing) * 122.4 miles = $18.66 in gas. I'm guessing for the best fuel economy towing and routing. Thats not counting traffic or other factors. But I'd also need to make an appointment 2 weeks out, and hope they can get it done in one day. If not, I'll have to wait a week and make the trip a second time.

Thats what I was trying to avoid. Hindsight, it would have been worth it. Next time, I'll do it with a smile on my face.

Seriously, thank you guys for the replies and info.

Learn to do your own tire changes , it will save you a fortune in the long run .

IMG_0434.JPG

Wouldn't ever go above 38 cold in front and that is pushing it .

I would drop back to 36 pounds front a little less rear and have them really balance the tires .

s-l300.jpg

Not trying to ask them to do more than they should ~ if you buy a higher number they'll last longer . . .

However, that also means that they will not stick nearly as well as the lower number tires !

What I've found out is that the 180 / 55 " HOOK - UP " works great for the drags.

I wouldn't ask that tire to perform well heading up to an Idyllwild ride !

The " ADVANCE " 005 would be my choice for curving roads .

The " APEX " 010 would last me a little bit longer.

Buy whatever you want to go ride with ?

I'm OK~ with a good Shinko.

Just my two cents here.

Red, *<(;{)-

:popcorn:

These are my " Industry" standard for wheel weights , available at your local parts supplier.

IMG_0920.JPG

Find a different shop. Beads are not the industry standard. jeez...

35psi is fine, and not the problem.
Front or rear. The psi will rise 3-5 as the tires warm up.
The lower the psi, the bigger the contact patch, the better the grip.
40-41psi cold in a front tire is asking for trouble.
I would be nice to the shop, but if they refuse to remove the beads and balance with weights, at their cost, then there would be a problem.
They screwed it up, it's on them to fix it.
Good luck
I normally run between 38 and 40 psi on both front and rear as we have a generally colder climate, it's the view share by many of our tire guru's. Ive just ticked over 26600 kms on my road 4 gts

Agreed those are valid points however increased tyre patch on our road surface (heavy grade chip)will often speed up unessecary tire wear

It does, but I'de rather have grip than mileage.
On sport tires on a Busa(Q2s), I'de get maybe 1500 rear, 2k to 2500 front at best.
That was more even with a sport touring rear(Roadsmart), getting around 2k miles

Back