new nitros owner

SLAMD

Registered
ok.....i have a new dry system i my garage waiting to be put on my "05" busa.I'm being told that i need to have a p.c. in order for it to work.Is this true?I'm also being told that if i'm to shoot it with more than a 40hp shot i should extend it.Is this also true?Also does any one have "bolt -ons"that thier trying to get rid of and/or know of a good cheap place to order some.Any help is needed.Thanks in advance.

see you made it.Answer here so forums stay straight

Slamd,You can get away with no pc,but I absolutely Don't recommend it at all.You need some kind of fuel enrichening device and need to be able to get near a dyno for some tuning.I know guys with no arms that can ride with the spray and i know some with spray and a arm and can't ride.I would before making anymore recommendations like to ask you a few ?'s

How long you been riding?
How long you had the busa?
Have you brought a Strap for the front?
Are you a regular street rider?
Have you ever dragraced a car or bike before?
Do you ride the twisties alot?
Not being a smart ass or nothing but this helps me get a feel for you and your style.I don't care if i sell you anything i just wanna make sure you know what your in for when you engage this system.

Here's my reply from your other thread: "You need a way to add more fuel, a power commander is an easy way to accomplish it. You don't have to have one, but you do have to have more fuel.
You don't have to extend the arm, but it will help keep the front end down if you plan on spraying in lower gears. If you spray in first, without extensions, (and maybe even with them) you will flip the bike.
There are several members here on the board that can provide you with options for either an arm or a pc, or both. Try street and track, or golden child to start with."

Hey Slamd, Who makes the type of dry system do you have? How much was it? as this is my wish list for the winter.. I have done some research and you may need a P.C. possibly a IIIR or USB with the new ignition module setup as this may help with eliminating a lean condition.. Which can be very bad for the motor..just my opinion

do not even think of spraying any sort of nitrous without some way to enrichen the fuel mixture while on the squeeze. the AIT sensor is not reliable enough to enrichen the mixture on its own nor is it fast enough to react. get an mps fast fi or an ajs controller. you can also use a power commander to richen your fuel map at wot but you will have poor off the bottle performance if you do so unless you switch between a nitrous map and a non nitrous map.

you do not need an arm for small shots if you turn it on in 3rd or above. anything over a 40 shot is going to make you pee your pants the first time you hit it if you never used it before so start small and work up.

well gold(if can call you that for short)i completely understand the point of you asking ?'s and i respect that.now to answer your ?'s.i have been riding for the better part of twenty years.i've had the busa for almost a year now,and i cant believe that its taken me this long to buy one.i also own a crawler to kinda off-set the busa(and to please the wife).i've got about 8500to9000 on for the year between both bikes.no strap.i lowered her with the triple tree clamp and lowering links.i am an avid motorcycle rider,so i enjoy both the freedom of the curves and the 1/4 mile so yeah i need to keep it do-able for both.this is my first year at the 1/4 mile track on a bike.i have done it in a car before.my reaction times average about .o8 but my 60' times suck butt.i'll get alot more time in next season.so yeah....if some of this info helps you to help me that would be great.321cya,i have looked for quite awhile and found that Shnitz has the best price for the system.it was 359.00 for the system plus i got the hump holder 69.00 and the weekend worrior package with a little modification 345.00.i'm very pleased with the way she's reacting to all the new mods.i've done quite a bit to her in the past few months.oh sorry getting o.t.,its a n.o.s. labeled system also.hope i helped.:)

thanks for the info, this looks like a very good inexpensive way to more hp "I KNOW WHAT IM GETTING FOR CHRISTMAS"....

Hey SLAMD Ive been searching the net for the location of SHINTZ NOS system and i cant seem to find any info!! Can you drop a line to find this as im filling out my xmas list.. Thanks in advance

321 cya and any of you guys that want any nitrous stuff or have any question feel free to ask them.I can get you any n20 system or associated components at a board discount and tech advice is free.

Okay slammed thanks for answering those now we have something to work with.Here is my little list of stuff i get when i go to do a n20 bike and you can pick and choose what you want.

MPS dry nos kit with switch swapper/be sure it works nitrous and airshifter for down the road,cause you will find out it's tough spray before you can get your get feet up.
PC3usb or Mps Fast fi  Box
a rpm window switch
MPS airshifter
Schnitz 2 dial box or for the advanced guys a edelbrock controller
timing retard box
full exhaust
shift light
1 piece mod
heavy duty clutch springs
slave cylinder support bracket
a good chain zvx2,zzz st or drz for track use only made by ek

others may have recommendations but this what you get when i build one.
I will state i sell what i use so i know thes items will do the job,you don't need all of the items but the first three are a good idea.

<!--EDIT|GoldenChild
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131952022 -->

ok.sounds good but i have a few more ?'s.What is a "mps fast fi box"?Is it cheaper than a p.c.?How much is a window switch?Should I be worrying about stretching it and what are my options?Do you offer extentions?Oh! i've got the one piece mod and the heavy springs.I also have the full system(Muzzy),pair valve system,skeleton triple topper,lowered 2",smart t.r.e.,down one,up three,and the list goes on and on and on and.........you get the idea.

Hey Goldenchild i got a question for ya im looking to purchase a complete 40shot dry system how much is yours? i have 03 stock w 15k on it w/pc3usb dynojet quickshifter and yosh trs full system will i need anything else outside of your kit??

A fast fi box is sorta like a pc it allows you to adjust your fuel curve throughout your motr rev range,but it doesn't allow you to lean it out any like the pc.it also has a full rich feature you run in conjuction with your nitrous system so that when you start spraying it automaticallly sends your injectors rich pushing more fuel into your engine.You really need to dyno these things to be on the safe side and watch your duty cycle to make sure you have fuel over the range you plan on using it in.a simple 40 shot should be suffice for most.the price is relatively close,but if you plan on tons of mods get a usb,but you will need to change maps when you go to spray unles you buy both.you can stretch it if you want,I myself don't don't like extensions,but they are out there,doug at spencercycle.com carry's them.I can get them if you want.

I will pm you both prices

Thanks for the pm... Goldenchild I will let u know when im ready for it.....

im also looking into keeping my wife happy, as she sometimes ride w/me is there any suggestions on bottle location other than the hump??

yeah thanks gold,you've been alot of help.
race.gif
smile.gif

If you are just starting to drag a busa, i wouldn't spray just yet. A stock busa can be a handful at full throttle. Get use to racing what you have. Then later on start spraying a 20shot in 3rd or 4th gear..just to get the feel. After that spray a 20 shot at the beginning of 3rd. Make sure you don't rush your learning curve and never forget that you are riding one bad azz bike with juice.

Back