New member looking for some advice

freddyfrets

Registered
Hi everybody, I have been roaming in these forums for hours now and decided to ask you guys some advice about buying a hayabusa

The thing is that I'm between 2 bikes ... 1 is 2010 stock bike with some gadgets like grip warmers, alarm and some 12v outlets to charge your phone or smth and the bike has been trough 36k kilometers (about 20k miles). Costs 7400 euros
Other one is 2018 bike with m4 full exhaust, quickshifter, ecu remapped, dyno tuned and no restrictions, it has been trough 8000 kms(about 5k miles) and cost is 8900 euros.

Would appreciate your thoughts on which one to buy and why. Which one would you buy ?

Be Safe

Freddy.

200.gif

#WelcomeHome *

Hi everybody, I have been roaming in these forums for hours now and decided to ask you guys some advice about buying a hayabusa

The thing is that I'm between 2 bikes ... 1 is 2010 stock bike with some gadgets like grip warmers, alarm and some 12v outlets to charge your phone or smth and the bike has been trough 36k kilometers (about 20k miles). Costs 7400 euros
Other one is 2018 bike with m4 full exhaust, quickshifter, ecu remapped, dyno tuned and no restrictions, it has been trough 8000 kms(about 5k miles) and cost is 8900 euros.

Would appreciate your thoughts on which one to buy and why. Which one would you buy ?

Be Safe

Freddy.
Welcome....

To me it is pretty obvious, the 2018 bike is newer, has less kms and seems to have expensive aftermarket parts on it which in my eyes make it the clear winner.

One you start using the quickshifter, you won't want to ride a bike without one.

Largely depends on what your riding plans are.

Bike #1 sounds like a touring setup, so if you're planning lots of long touring runs, this bike is set up nicely for that.

Bike #2 could also tour, but unlikely you're gonna appreciate the exhaust, remap, dyno, etc. (quickshifter works in all riding scenarios IMO)

As you define your future bike plans, one bike will likely become more alluring than the other.

Agree with Bumblebee: newer, less mileage is usually better, again, depending on which direction you intend to take your riding.

Thank you for your replies !
Well I was going for newer one too but I found myself thinking ... why it has a QS and its remapped, unsrestricted etc... maybe bc It's been on a dragstrip... and Im afraid of dragstrip bikes...they are not reliable anymore in my mind. Seller says ofc it has not been and its a new bike, hes just too old for this :)
Been hearing ppl say that if your getting a busa get it stock if possible.

Regarding of riding... I've been doing cross-country and hard enduro for the last 2 years on my ktm 2 stroke 250exc and now...my heart just itches to get back on the road and just ride without mud, logs hillclimbs :D

Thank you for your replies !
Well I was going for newer one too but I found myself thinking ... why it has a QS and its remapped, unsrestricted etc... maybe bc It's been on a dragstrip... and Im afraid of dragstrip bikes...they are not reliable anymore in my mind. Seller says ofc it has not been and its a new bike, hes just too old for this :)
Been hearing ppl say that if your getting a busa get it stock if possible.

Regarding of riding... I've been doing cross-country and hard enduro for the last 2 years on my ktm 2 stroke 250exc and now...my heart just itches to get back on the road and just ride without mud, logs hillclimbs :D
I got my bike with those modifications and it hasn't been to a dragstrip...I get you though, you could get the older, stock bike and then make it what you want...

This is a decision only you can make.

Welcome to the forum and here is another vote for The newer bike. 8 years newer, 15k miles less and money you are paying extra, the bike has in mods. Not sure which year euro models got ABS, but if thats important to you, the ‘18 would be the one with that too.

Welcome to the forum and here is another vote for The newer bike. 8 years newer, 15k miles less and money you are paying extra, the bike has in mods. Not sure which year euro models got ABS, but if thats important to you, the ‘18 would be the one with that too.
The exhaust and ECU tune alone are worth the price difference if you like that particular exhaust tone that is. The touring mods on the older one are fairly cheap and easy to install on your own.
8yrs newer seals, gaskets, rubber, plastic, etc...more costly mods equipped...seems like the winner IMO.

Back