New levers...

Chromed-n-Stretched

Donating Member
Registered
So how difficult is it to change out levers? I have a new set i want to put on but i was ust curious as to what to expect while changing them out.

TIA
wink.gif

Real easy, loosen the nut underneath and remove bolts that hold levers on and act as a pivot. Make sure you maintain the little brass bushing on the clutch side. Apply a light grease and install new ones with bushing. You'll see how dayum easy it is once you start. No cables.

Unbolt them and put the new ones on, about 5 mintues... You many need to keep a spacer from the original, maybe... I have slept since then so I don't remember...

(dadofthree @ Apr. 26 2007,22:16) Real easy, loosen the nut underneath and remove bolts that hold levers on and act as a pivot. Make sure you maintain the little brass bushing on the clutch side. Apply a light grease and install new ones with bushing. You'll see how dayum easy it is once you start. No cables.
This is the way to go. It's pretty straight-forward once you start it. Shouldn't take any longer than 5 or 10 mins. to do. Good luck...

(rockadaous @ Apr. 26 2007,18:45) where's the pics?
rock.gif
??
I havent done it yet, i just got done with my rotors. I went to a single sided look to show some more rim. ill post some pis as soon as i get a chance.

(Chromed-n-Stretched @ Apr. 27 2007,00:29)
rock.gif
??
I havent done it yet, i just got done with my rotors.  I went to a single sided look to show some more rim.  ill post some pis as soon as i get a chance.
nice...can't wait to see your "piss"
ices_rofl.gif

(Chromed-n-Stretched @ Apr. 27 2007,00:29)
rock.gif
??
I havent done it yet, i just got done with my rotors.  I went to a single sided look to show some more rim.  ill post some pis as soon as i get a chance.
Nice looking bike - did you powdercoat those calipers blue? That really looks good.

Back