New LE Busa

Some of these filters have a check valve, maybe it was stuck closed.???

Is it possible the oil you put in the filter somehow effected the way the bypass operated?
How tight did you tighten the filter? Could it have distorted internally from being overtightened?

I feel pretty confident that the filter was the culprit. when I pulled the filter back off it had more oil in it than I put in it when I spun it on the first time. My guess is that from sitting overnight in oil, maybe the valve in the filter loosened up and started working. One of those freak things that only happens one in a million. (Always Me) I'm taking every ones advice and taking it in for its first service. Just in case it does have a problem down the road due to this. Again I can't say enough nice things about this board.

I feel pretty confident that the filter was the culprit.  when I pulled the filter back off it had more oil in it than I put in it when I spun it on the first time.  My guess is that from sitting overnight in oil, maybe the valve in the filter loosened up and started working.  One of those freak things that only happens one in a million. (Always Me)  I'm taking every ones advice and taking it in for its first service.  Just in case it does have a problem down the road due to this.  Again I can't say enough nice things about this board.
I really don't trust dealers but I brought mine in for it's first service because they check a lot of things over besides changing the oil and filter. They even adjusted the idle for me because it was stalling at stop signs/red lights and they adjusted my chain. I will be doing all of the maintainence on mine from now on but they check screws and what not to make sure everything is OK.

either do it yourself, find a shop you trust other than a dealers shop. I kinda like the Pure One PL14610, lost of area to it. Wish the Amsoil had the same area, that would be the filter...

Back