New Gsxr1000r

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
Has anyone seen a proper test of the new 2017 bike, other than the magazine first ride reports going around, based on rider perception only?

Would love to see if this is the new King, or not, based on actual numbers tested.

Has anyone seen a proper test of the new 2017 bike, other than the magazine first ride reports going around, based on rider perception only?

Would love to see if this is the new King, or not, based on actual numbers tested.
Yep. Went to Phillip island to see lauch also got some footage of first race over there finished 4 but overall very quick. Also will be looking at its practice in several weeks but Coleman's team here in Auckland

This is from the UK, different perspective!!

If we look at the torque curve and power at lower RPM, this bike stock will do the 1/4 faster than the competition and be much more rideable. MCN has different numbers except for fastest in the 1/4 mile, but their biggest issue was brakes in their review.

Michael Dunlop switched from BMW to this bike for this year's Isle of Man.

1/4 mile faster then the competition? who is the competition? Any factory bike or so-called "Track bikes" cause I seen plenty of ppl take their H2 to the track. its heavy but so is the Busa and plenty ride fast at the track with a Busa but you said 1/4 mile and the competition. The H2 wud surely be competition for that in the 1/4 mile stock

And? It's fitted with it from the factory, which IMO would qualify.
My thought would be all 1000cc naturally aspirated bikes are the only ones that qualify as the competition, otherwise where would you draw the line? The ZX14 has 1441cc's from the factory as the Busa has 1340. So factory installed as the sole factor would allow all bikes into the same class, wouldn't it?

I would think that the zx10 would be Kawasakis competition for the gsxr1000.

Absolutely. I really like the ZX10. Having been a Gixxer fan for years I kind of fell away when they stopped producing a competitive machine. I'm no pro but it's nice to have a bike with the same advantages as the next guy.

Well if thats how were playing might as well go big!
http://suter500.com/menu/
suter-mmx-500-photosuterracinghall.jpg

Back