New Ceramic Coating Technology?

Zercotec has been around for more than a few years now. They're a very well established company. Their plasma ion processed coatings are incredable! :bowdown::thumbsup:

A major difference is in the process used to apply the coating. The zercotec coatings are used in aerospace/defence and has been gaining more strength in the motorsports industry over the past few years. Lambo now coats some of the body work that near the exhaust outlet. They've been doing exhaust system for some time now. As it's becomes more popular in the consumer markets they've been adding different colors.

Last edited:
you need some major equipment to perform the process that they do. If I recall they were looking at a few US companies that would be capable of performing the process.

They make a great thermal foil / heat shield. Very very good results with this product as well.

I had my ST 1300 header pipes Ceramic coated to cut down on the heat it made on my legs,,, It did make a huge difference in the heat on my legs,
but the pretty ceramic coating is all concealed by my lower farings....
Here is a picture of the pipes..
Mike
IMG_1344.jpg

I also had my KLR 650 Ceramic coated, Just for grins.....
Motorcycleparts002.jpg

Yea, It does have very small header tubes, The Cat was right at or by both rider foot pegs, I put GSXR mufflers on the 1300 and got rid of the cats.
let me see if I can dig up a picture..
IMG_1810.jpg

Not to good of a picture but a side vue of the GSXR mufflers
IMG_1757.jpg

:thumbsup: Man that ST 1300 has some small tubes :whistle:

Back