New Busa Owner -- Need Tires Today And Need Help /info. Thanks !

Your bike does not have carbs, FI with throttle bodies. The lever on thr left bar is a fast idle.

Amazon, ebay, harbor freight. Just google motorcycle wheel balancer.[/QUOTE

I just thought you knew of s decent one. I know harbor freight has them I looked at them 2 years ago when i put new tires on my cruiser. But they seemed kinda cheap so I never got one. I'll look for others and see. Thanks ]

Your bike does not have carbs, FI with throttle bodies. The lever on thr left bar is a fast idle.

It seems to idle a little low. I had to adjust that lever to make it idle better. Is that its purpose ? The guy I bought it from said it was the choke. That's what threw me off and made me think it had carbs. Thanks

My $.02. Sounds like you've purchased a thoroughly abused bike. If you're paying a shop to do all your work you could end up spending more than if you'd purchased a nicer bike.
The PR4 is a good tire. I have a couple thousand miles on mine including knee dragging runs through Deal's Gap. I've no experience with Angel GTs but I'm betting they'd be comparable. The 190/55 will raise the rear a tiny bit and make the turn-in a little quicker. If you're not in the habit of railing through twisties I doubt you'd notice and the 190/50 might even feel more stable to you. I'm not sure why someone would think a 180 would be better for handling. The tire would be flatter in center with a less rounded profile. Always balance your tires. Why risk vibration and increased tire wear to save $2 on weights? Beware of the BSers who tell you about their 200mph runs and dragraced Busas. Most are full of crap.
To replace second gear you will need to pull the motor, split the cases, and have everything reassembled. Clutch basket, clutch, chain and sprockets are all things I'd look at based on the way this bike was used.
Welcome to the Busa world and good luck.
My $.02. Sounds like you've purchased a thoroughly abused bike. If you're paying a shop to do all your work you could end up spending more than if you'd purchased a nicer bike.
The PR4 is a good tire. I have a couple thousand miles on mine including knee dragging runs through Deal's Gap. I've no experience with Angel GTs but I'm betting they'd be comparable. The 190/55 will raise the rear a tiny bit and make the turn-in a little quicker. If you're not in the habit of railing through twisties I doubt you'd notice and the 190/50 might even feel more stable to you. I'm not sure why someone would think a 180 would be better for handling. The tire would be flatter in center with a less rounded profile. Always balance your tires. Why risk vibration and increased tire wear to save $2 on weights? Beware of the BSers who tell you about their 200mph runs and dragraced Busas. Most are full of crap.
To replace second gear you will need to pull the motor, split the cases, and have everything reassembled. Clutch basket, clutch, chain and sprockets are all things I'd look at based on the way this bike was used.
Welcome to the Busa world and good luck.
4 busas with nearly 290000ks have shown me the better handling in and out of corners. We have tight roads here with heaps of corners, personally I find straight line hi ways boring, try a 180 b4 you doubt bro, I've no flat edge or chicken strips on my tyres

It seems to idle a little low. I had to adjust that lever to make it idle better. Is that its purpose ? The guy I bought it from said it was the choke. That's what threw me off and made me think it had carbs. Thanks

No choke, you will need to adjust the idle up on a just a bit, around 1200, book calls for 1250 rpms if memory serves. If you have move the lever to raise the idle, adjust it.

4 busas with nearly 290000ks have shown me the better handling in and out of corners. We have tight roads here with heaps of corners, personally I find straight line hi ways boring, try a 180 b4 you doubt bro, I've no flat edge or chicken strips on my tyres
When I talk about faster turning,I'm referring to edge to edge (left hand corners to right hand corners ),I ride on a lot of twisty roads so I find it a lot quicker in and out .

20161020_065309.jpg

Yea I ordered the Pr3s this morning. Hoping I have them in a couple days so I can test this bike out this weekend. Just the sound of this thing alone is crazy. Its a beast. I have a 1800 and mine sounds nothing like this bike. These bikes have carbs ? Mine has a choke so im guessing yes ? I figured for a 05 it would be F.I. Thanks for the reply DO3

All Busa are FI from factory and the 1999-2007 models have a fast idle lever. Enjoy the bike, she is unique and sneaky as all get out, get use to her my friend

You can take a long shank skinny straight blade screwdriver and sneak it in between the tank and frame or fairing I don't remember on the right leg side and adjust the idle when the bikes warm and the fast idle is off. 1250-1300 from memory

Thanks guys ! For some reason I didn't get any notifications on the last 5 replies. I ordered my tires. The front is fine the rear came damaged. So I have to send it back. I may just order from another store. Would there be any issue putting a pilot road 3 on the front and a PR4 on the rear ? I see the one place has the PR4 for $2 more than the 3. Just figured id see what you guys think. I'm going with the 190/55-17 for the rear.

Thanks guys ! For some reason I didn't get any notifications on the last 5 replies. I ordered my tires. The front is fine the rear came damaged. So I have to send it back. I may just order from another store. Would there be any issue putting a pilot road 3 on the front and a PR4 on the rear ? I see the one place has the PR4 for $2 more than the 3. Just figured id see what you guys think. I'm going with the 190/55-17 for the rear.
No issue , I have the road 3 on the front and the road 4 on the rear, have just ticked over 12500kms and still heaps of tread left

20161020_065309.jpg

Every thing I've been told by people who actually wore a set out the 4's don't get the same mileage as the 3's that's why I have stuck with the 3's all this time. I could not imagine any problems with running a 3 front and 4 rear.

Every thing I've been told by people who actually wore a set out the 4's don't get the same mileage as the 3's that's why I have stuck with the 3's all this time. I could not imagine any problems with running a 3 front and 4 rear.
I have found no problem either. I only got the road 3 because it was in stock cheaper than the PR4, Note my rear is a 180 not a 190

I wound up getting the 190/55-17 pr3 replaced by the ebay seller I bought it from. They sent it with no shrink wrap and it was scuffed up big time ! The fedex dude threw it over my gate onto my concrete porch. But it was probably damaged before that somewhere in the shipping process. Also there was some type of substance on it. I tried to wipe it off with water but it wouldn't come off. I didn't wanna use any type of chemical so I just told the seller I didn't want it with the scuffs/substance and they sent me a new one. I'm supposed to get them put on TODAY !! so i'll finalllyyyyyy get to ride this bike. I've been dying to see how it feels. Its a little low. Can I lift it myself or do I need to have help ? If I pay the mechanic to do it, how much should it cost ? Looks simple enough from the bolt I see where you adjust it. Any videos out there for lifting it ? Thanks for all the replies guys, I appreciate it !!!

You should be able to do it yourself, if you have any mechanical ability at all. You will also need a way to stabilize the bike when you put a jack under it. Plus you will get the satisfaction of wrenching on it yourself.

To lift the bike honestly the best way is with dedicated track stands. I have a set of Pit Bulls but you don't really need anything that fancy just starting out. But you can lift the rear with a piece of I think 5/8 steel rod (hardware store has it) through the Swingarm Pivot, a jack stand on one side and a jack on the other end. A bit Precarious but it does work. For the Front I think if you look at the manual it shows you how to jack up the front of the bike with a jack under the headers. Again a little bit precarious but it does work. The beauty of the stands is you can do them both at once without stress.

I'll look into some stands big tool thanks and yea nosbig I have Alot of mechanical ability. Just need to find a video or manual. Thanks ! Well I just got the tires on finally and was able to ride the bike a little today. Of course it's raining now. But I got a few miles on it ! It's way different than my cruiser for sure but the feeling of it is awesome! ! Much better feel than the triumph Daytona. Its a beauty ! I'll try to post a pic now. Hopefully it works. Thanks for all the help guys ! I do appreciate it !

Back