New Busa Owner In Perth, Australia

daithidownunder

Registered
Hi Folks,

Greetings from Perth, Australia!

I just traded up to a 2008 Gen 2 Busa this week from a GSX650f (unrestricted version) :) I'm still feeling my way around the big girl at this stage but first impressions are WOW!! It actually feels lighter than my old bike which was 240kg wet funnily enough. I guess the balance of the bike is so much better.

So far the only mods are twin Yoshi R77 carbon slip on's. My next mod is a convertibars install once they arrive from the US. I have an unusual issue in that my left elbow is fused in a 45 - 50 degree angle from a bad car accident years ago. I can ride the bike stock but in order to solidly grip the handle bars i have to crouch over in a really aggressive position. I can of course rest by riding with my right arm but its not ideal for long trips. I did a lot of research on the various options and it seemed that convertibars would allow me the flexibility I need to be comfortable. I'll be sure to post a review once I have them installed :)

I may also look at the buell footpeg mod and a new seat from new image (are these the Torbin?) once I install the convertibars ill have a better idea if I need the peg mod. At the moment the feel too cramped for me. I'm 6'. Any advice is welcome.

Other than that I need to remove those hideous circular tank protectors :)

Pics below with stock cans and then with the yoshi's. It sounds so much better now (far too quiet stock)
IMAG0358.jpg
IMAG0374.jpg

Welcome to the org! I can't remember if the new image seats are Tobin, but they are very similar. raising the bars may help with your riding position, but I am not sure what you plan to install. Are you converting to a solid bar versus the clip on?

That much rise and you will probably have to get new brake lines, and reroute your throttle cables. Good looking bike and welcome to the org.

That much rise and you will probably have to get new brake lines, and reroute your throttle cables. Good looking bike and welcome to the org.

Cheers mate, extended brake and clutch lines are being supplied with the kit. Is their much difficulty re-routing the throttle cable?

Welcome, glad you found the place... kick your feet up and enjoy the show!

Look on the right (throttle)side of the bike, on the frame, just down and front of the gas tank. You'll see the throttle cable go through a small bracket their, and the bracket has one bolt (10mm hex head).
Unbolt it, remove the bracket, and put the bolt back if you choose. The bracket isn't needed, and it frees up the slack you need in the throttle cables.
It's simple.

Back