New bike first addons

Busawannab

Registered
Not a big deal but just added a couple small things to my new busa...
Powerlet low profile outlet to charge cell phone in tank bag.
Also added an R&G radiator grille. Better safe then sorry right?
I was all ready to do a frame slider kit but I have changed my mind. Don't really want to cut the fairing to add it and if I dump it I'll pay the price to fix it :laugh:

I have a pic I saw on Internet of a busa with some yoshi cans that I really like... Anyone recognize what ones they are? Hope I can still find a pair. That will be my next add on as soon as I get some mo dough. Mind have to start pigeon holing some cash so the wife won't find out hehe...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpeg

There are frame sliders available that don't require any cutting to the fairings, if you're interested.

Also, set the suspension sag if you have not already.
It's free and will make any sportbike handle as it should, when set correctly
for the rider's weight.

Welcome to the org

Thanks guys,
I have not set the sag yet, my weight has been fluctuating so much these days not sure what my new norm will be yet and the kick stand mod is on my list. Funny how they have not addressed that yet. But it's an easy fix anyway. I wasn't sure what the fuss was about but once I got my bike and put her on the stand I immediately saw it. Thanks to the people on this forum I read about that issue before hand and I am very careful..in gear and pushed forward bars to the left... Still going to do the mod though!

As far as the no cut sliders I have read they can bend part of the frame if you dump it just from where they attach but I'm not sure. I just kinda figured the fairings were cheaper than a frame. I thought I saw some that attached to same area as the cut ones just had a bracket to offset it. I would go for that but I need to research some more. Seemed to me they were for gen 1 bikes and I couldn't find any for gen 2 but again I could be wrong.

I've found them on some overseas links ...looks like they've been discontinued, but a few websites still show to have them in stock.

Good job, making a bike your own. I miss wrenching on my bike. Although I did just put new brake pads on her. Need to come up with something new to add to her. Thinking about powder coating the wheels.

How did you find the r&g grille fitted, was there a gap between rad and grille so it doesn't rub on rad, was thinking of purchasing this set

Back