New 2012 sticker issues..

Duanne

Registered
Well I managed to get off 1 sticker on the tank, used my heat gun to warm gently and got it off what a chore, now when I look at the tank at like eye ball level and the lights at the right angle I can see little swirl marks on the paint,anything out there to make it right again,I did use some mirco fiber rags I picked up.and a little dab of WD 40 to get rid off the glue that stayed behind..I do have 1 more sticker to remove on the tank..Any info would be greatly appreciated......

Use the heat gun and then peel off the sticker slowly. If you get the sticker too hot it is too gooy and it will make a mess. I like this stuff to remove the left over glue from the sticker.

Home - Goo Gone

I light polishing crean will probably get the swirls out of the tank. Careful though or you will polish right through the clear coat. :whistle:

This worked for me, I used diesel fuel(or even gasoline) to remove any, and I mean any adhesive residue. Clean the area afterwards with water and a good dish washing liquid I used dawn.

To address etched paint use turtle wax polishing compound and scratch remover.

I never used a heat gun on my bike for decal/sticker removal, I used a chisel with a narrow tip. With a steady hand and patients the business end of the chisel will glide over the paint and under the sticker for easy removal, easy as 1, 2, 3. Now remember if you don't have a steady hand go get a heat gun but the above worked for me. Good luck and ride safe

PS the chisel I used was dull

Ya I was thinking of pulling out my grinder with a new quarter inch disc,then but on a wire wheel to get the swirl marks off.little bondo,spray can good as new....LOL Thanks for the tips :rofl:

Back