Need Help

Big_E

Registered
I need your help.

How do i empty the fuel take? i need to take the fuel out of the tank to take to the painters...

1zhelp.gif
1zhelp.gif

1zhelp.gif

Ef my big friend , the busa tank is the most horrible thing ever invented . I think you have a dubl O . or is it an '01.
undo 2 bolts at top by the steering head . prop tank up on its rod (find this in yer tail section,clipped to one side) . remove the fuel line that leads to the pump . have rags on hand , and placed below . if yer smart(I know , I know) you didnt just go to the gas station on the way home to take yer bike apart . if the tank is full , you cant help but spill some . make sure yer bike isnt hot , althou it takes alot for gas to go up . pull off the line an' close it off with the plug also found in the tail section . there are 2 different sized plugs , be aware of that . ok , do the same for the other line . now, take yer 12 mil socket to the bolts at the seat end,an' yer home free . tip tank up side down to remove gas that was left after draining thru spigot on the bottom . there will still be some left . stick rag part way into tank thru fill hole , turn upside down...repeat .
you can do it other ways , like using the pump to suck out mo0st of it , or using yer mityvac (if u hav one) , but in the end , you'll most likely spill abit anyway.
no worries thou.....hav a good 1...RSD.

thanks RSD,
how the hell are ya, good to see you back online. my bike is finally getting the paint job done and some other goodies put on. I am also going to polish the frame out this weekend and have it all ready hopefully by the middle of next month.

-E

thanks RSD,
how the hell are ya, good to see you back online. my bike is finally getting the paint job done and some other goodies put on.  I am also going to polish the frame out this weekend and have it all ready hopefully by the middle of next month.

-E
right on man.....I'm polishing my frame next weekend .

hope yer ride turns out awesome .

Back