Need help...

SCBQQSTN

Registered
Okay I have owned performance cars in the past and when I did full exhaust and intake work I would take her to a dyno to get tuned for max HP...

However I am kind of confused with how this works when modding these bikes!

Just bought myself an '09 Busa recently, and already ordered a 4-2-1 Yoshi exhaust. I primarily ordered the exhaust to make the bike sound better... however from what I have been reading it seems changing the full exhaust will make the bike run poorly... is that true? What does everybody mean when they talk about having a "map" done? Do I need to take the bike to a dyno and have it tuned? What is the power commander do exactly?

thanks guys!

-Mark

It's the same as with your cars. Take it to a real tuner and have it dyno tuned (make sure you pick a GOOD tuner). The power commander is a piggyback system that tells the factor ECU readings to change (similar to a chip on some cars). They are loading a "map" in the PC to make the tuning changes needed. However, now that the factory ECU is hacked you don't even need a power commander. Get a flasher from Greg and you can make the changes needed through the ECU (similar to LSI edit or one of the other setups)... :beerchug:

It's the same as with your cars. Take it to a real tuner and have it dyno tuned (make sure you pick a GOOD tuner). The power commander is a piggyback system that tells the factor ECU readings to change (similar to a chip on some cars). They are loading a "map" in the PC to make the tuning changes needed. However, now that the factory ECU is hacked you don't even need a power commander. Get a flasher from Greg and you can make the changes needed through the ECU (similar to LSI edit or one of the other setups)... :beerchug:

Where do I contact him??

Back