Need Help/Part Rear Wheel Retainer

JZ1

Registered
Hey Guys,

I need some serious help. And I've done a very stupid thing. The last time I replaced my rear tire, I let someone else help me, someone less experienced then myself. I also let this person help reinstall the rear wheel back on the bike.

Everything seemed ok. The wheel seemed to align correctly, spin freely, etc. But after awhile, the rear sprocket started making a "clicking" noise. After some minor inspection, nothing seemed out of place. Until yesterday, I took the wheel off to replace a very worn back tire, and that's when I noticed the retainer was missing. This retainer is located between the sprocket hub and the cush drive. Since this part was missing for over 6 months and I've ridden the bike for over 3,000 miles, the damaged is apparent. But I don't think it is unreapirable, keep your finger crossed.

Anyway, I need this retainer to put my Busa back on the road.

Does anyone on this board have an extra retainer from a wrecked bike, or possibly know someone who may have a retainer.

The retainer is between the sprocket hub and the cush drive, it's about 2" long and tapered on both ends. If you go to bikebandit.com and look at the rear wheel schematic for a 2002, it's part number 14 on the schematic.

If no one has an extra one, the part will need to be order, and of course this will take weeks. I don't want to wait week.

Help me guys,

Thanks, Jimmy

Back