Need Help Identifying This Öhlins Shock

cencalmatt

Registered
I got what I believe is a smoking deal on this item but.... I cannot for the life of my find the exact one. Box says SU 717 Suzuki hayabusa 1300r but if you search that part number it brings up different models than what I have here. The box foam fits this shock perfectly so I'm very confused. Anyone with a little insight? Thanks

IMG_6408.JPG

IMG_6415.JPG

IMG_6411.JPG

IMG_6412.JPG

Did you try go googling it? The first dozen hits I got on Ohlins SU 717 all state it's for a gen 2 Busa.

Looks like mine too. Sorry though I'm not going to take it off the bike to show you. What exactly are you worried about?

Thanks so much fellas. What was throwing me off (and still is kinda) is there are differences between what I have and what I found on google images. Attached, are the first two images that come up when searching "öhlins su 717"

Apparently I worried over nothing but, is mine just an older version?? And do you spot the differences?

IMG_6419.JPG

IMG_6420.JPG

The basic SU 717 is the same - they use stock photos and don't usually photograph each version of the shock. Mine is a 2012 version. There was a recall that year so before you put it on call Ohlins and they will look it up and tell you if it needs the recall (mine didn't). You will love this shock! Be sure to get it setup properly by a certified Ohlins suspension mechanic - makes all the difference in the world. Be sure to discuss your riding style with them before they adjust it. I get mine reset when I go to the track.

The basic SU 717 is the same - they use stock photos and don't usually photograph each version of the shock. Mine is a 2012 version. There was a recall that year so before you put it on call Ohlins and they will look it up and tell you if it needs the recall (mine didn't). You will love this shock! Be sure to get it setup properly by a certified Ohlins suspension mechanic - makes all the difference in the world. Be sure to discuss your riding style with them before they adjust it. I get mine reset when I go to the track.
Makes sense. Really appreciate the help and thanks for digging up that photo.

Back