Need Advice And Pictures!

thats def 6 inches. THAT essentially looks how a Gen I does at 4 inches. 6 inches on a Gen II is where u wanna be if u have a Gen II. its more aggressive but imo more functional unless u really wanna be that guy who tries to hang with the liter bikes on the Busa smh if thats the case jus stay stock but a Busa is not a cornering machine. its long and its heavy. its designed to be stretched. its ur bike bro set it up how u like it and wats gonna fit ur riding style

corner carving use to be kool till they invented texting. now I steer as far clear from corners as possible so when Jennifer is texting her BFF I will be on the far outside of that lane traveling slow so she doesn't smash into me and say "Opps sorry...." smh

Hmmm I thought 4 inches would put it where I want. This bike is how I want mine length wise but I dont know the length of its extension. Is this 6? My bike is a gen 2 by the way.

View attachment 1572886

4 inches looks essentially stock on a Gen II.

Essentially looks the way it SHOULD have looked from the factory imo and does look great I'm not knocking 4 inches.

6 inches gives an aggressive look and will help u hook better if you're making more power
but of course will hurt the way it handles but its touring/drag bike so who gives a poop how it handles.

I still say 4 inches looks far more aggressive on a Gen I then a Gen II simply due to the tail design and how it curves.

An illusion I guess but nonetheless it does.

I'm at 10 inches and I ride with plenty of bikes of all makes and models and I go thru the corners just fine with all of them without hitting my drag pegs either.

No I'm not carving the corner but neither are any of them so who cares.

Yea they will take the corner faster then me but if the roads were all made up of corners we would all be going in circles . . . . .

The road straightens out as it does everywhere and when it does all they see is a blurrrrrr going past them . . . . :race: :shocked:

PirateDiverJeff & GrapeApe installed a six over swing arm ~ I personally believe that four inches is plenty for a Gen 2 . . .

8in.%20stretch_zpso9s6n1ii.jpg

thats not lowered tho so its not gonna give the same look as a lowered one. nothn will look properly unless its lowered to go with it so pretty much impossible to get an idea of how it will or shud look without a lowered bike

PirateDiverJeff & GrapeApe installed a six over swing arm ~ I personally believe that four inches is plenty for a Gen 2 . . .

View attachment 1572978

That's not lowered though so it's not gonna give the same look as a lowered one.

Nothing will look properly unless it's lowered to go with it so pretty much impossible to get an idea of how it will or should look without a lowered bike .

Look closer at the 5 position lowering links on his Hayabusa in the middle position ~ it's not slammed until he gets on the bike & compresses the shock . . .

maxresdefault.jpg

The license plate would rub if he lowered it anymore with that much stretch on it ~ we ride with some pretty BIG guys . . .

lol yea hes a bug dude but lets face it a LOT of ppl modify their bike to look cool while parked at a bike show or looking cool for their friends. maybe u shud post a pic of him on it but otherwise it looks like a truck the way it sits and a 300 lb rider makes up like 1% of the busa riders so not really a pic to demonstrate what 6 inches will look like for those looking for examples.....

Look closer at the 5 position lowering links on his Hayabusa in the middle position ~ it's not slammed until he gets on the bike & compresses the shock . . .

View attachment 1572997

The license plate would rub if he lowered it anymore with that much stretch on it ~ we ride with some pretty BIG guys . . .

Lol yea hes a big dude but let's face it a LOT of people modify their bike to look cool while parked at a bike show or looking cool for their friends.

Maybe you should post a picure of him on it but otherwise it looks like a truck the way it sits
and a 300 lb rider makes up like 1% of the Hayabusa riders so not really a picture
to demonstrate what 6 inches will look like for those looking for examples . . . . .

Both 4" & 6" stretched Hayabusas parked together @ Tom's Farms ~ near my RSV4 that will put a gap on them up in the curves . . .

600_453845532.jpe

I would not want more than four inches over ~ however I like to ride through the curves too . . .

Back