Need Advice And Pictures!

busa_boy_69

Registered
Okay guys I need opinions here. Im getting ready to do a stretch in a few months. Out of 4 hayabusas Ive owned Ive never stretched one before. I want to know what you guys consider the best looking/performing? This is what im looking for.....

#1 All black
#2 Tubular design to cut some weight
#3 It does NOT need Nitrous bracket
#4 I want 4 inches
#5 Stock tire fit NO 340 kits

Any guidance here is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
BB69

#1 why do you want to stretch it?
#2 how much weight do you think a tubular swingarm will save you vs a chromoly arm?
#3 do you plan running nitrous or an air shifter ? If so you may need the bracket
#4 why do you want 4" and not 6" or 8" have you had any previous experience with a stretched arm to know the pros and cons of different lengths?
#5 I believe you meant 240mm but either way what is the purpose of stretching your bike? Just for looks? Performance?

#1 why do you want to stretch it?
#2 how much weight do you think a tubular swingarm will save you vs a chromoly arm?
#3 do you plan running nitrous or an air shifter ? If so you may need the bracket
#4 why do you want 4" and not 6" or 8" have you had any previous experience with a stretched arm to know the pros and cons of different lengths?
#5 I believe you meant 240mm but either way what is the purpose of stretching your bike? Just for looks? Performance?

I am stretching it solely for the purpose of looks. I just want the back of the tire to be under the tip of the tail. Its solely for aesthetics. I dont know if tubular would weigh less than chrome I just assumed since the frame on them seems to be smaller that it would save some weight. I just thought it would be a bonus but I dont care if it doesnt. I want a 4 inch because Ive seen a guy that had a 4 before and since its for looks purposes I dont need the higher lengths. Its not a drag bike. Lastly no it will not need a bracket. Im boring it this winter. It will never run nitrous. Thanks.

It won't help in the weight savings dept, but bang for your buck, I'd look into the stealth swingarm from Powerhouse. It covers most of the rest of your criteria.

Wat???
I'm still trying to get past zooming in on ur avatar....:bowdown::thumbsup::super:
17455.gif

a gen 1 or gen 2? cause a gen 2 at 4 inches won't look any different then it does stock. the "Stealth arm" at 4 inches is just that "Stealth" and its hard to notice that ur stretched hence the word "Stealth".

if ur going for aesthetic reasons then 6 inches is what ur lookn for not 4

a gen 1 or gen 2? cause a gen 2 at 4 inches won't look any different then it does stock. the "Stealth arm" at 4 inches is just that "Stealth" and its hard to notice that ur stretched hence the word "Stealth".

The Stealth arm comes in a 6" option as well, but on a gen 2 a 6" starts to get pretty close to the tip of the tail. The 4" arms are more noticeable on a gen 2 than a gen 1, imo, due to it centering the wheel in the curve of the tail section. It's just so much cheaper to do the Stealth arm if it's not for racing purposes, and it's a Powerhouse product so you know it isn't cheaply built. Just a thought...

wasn't aware there was a 6 inch option. the 4 inch is NOT more noticeable on the Gen II. not even close! in fact, with 4 inch it looks essentially how it shud have looked stock. The curve of the tail section on the Gen II makes the bike look stubby stock. the 4 inch makes it look normal.

4 inches on the gen I is far more noticeable but two each his own. I think they both look stubby stock and both need an extended tail. I simply extended mine to match the extended WB so it doesn't look like it belongs at bike week in south Carolina where every busa is extended 15 inches out with a stock tail section which looks like utter shiit!

The Stealth arm comes in a 6" option as well, but on a gen 2 a 6" starts to get pretty close to the tip of the tail. The 4" arms are more noticeable on a gen 2 than a gen 1, imo, due to it centering the wheel in the curve of the tail section. It's just so much cheaper to do the Stealth arm if it's not for racing purposes, and it's a Powerhouse product so you know it isn't cheaply built. Just a thought...

Hmmm I thought 4 inches would put it where I want. This bike is how I want mine length wise but I dont know the length of its extension. Is this 6? My bike is a gen 2 by the way.

CIMG0416.jpg

Thanks bro.4" over works out good for me,just enough to keep the front end down in 1st and 2nd and rear tire only sticks out about 3" past the end of the tail section(6" over really needs a 6" over tail to look good in my opinion,had one on my Gen 1).

IMG_0060.jpg

4 inches looks essentially stock on a Gen II. essentially looks the way it SHUD hav looked from the factory imo and does look great I'm not knockn 4 inches. 6 inches gives an aggressive look and will help u hook better if ur makn more power but of course will hurt the way it handles but its touring/drag bike so who gives a shiit how it handles.

I still say 4 inches looks far more aggressive on a Gen I then a Gen II simply due to the tail design and how it curves. an illusion I guess but nonetheless it does.

I'm at 10 inches and I ride with plenty of bikes of all makes and models and I go thru the corners just fine with all of them without hitting my drag pegs either. no I'm not carving the corner but neither are any of them so who cares. yea they will take the corner faster then me but if the roads were all made up of corners we wud all be going in circles..... the road straightens out as it does everywhere and wen it does all they see is a blurrrrrr going past them....:race::shocked:

Back