Need a tire

guido4512

Donating Member
Registered
OK- where's the best place to get a new back tire - the tread on mine seems to have disappeared!  
rock.gif
In (2500 mi. )
i needs another - so who's got the best prices people?
I need a tire that will outlast the stock battlax.... suggestions?
thanx
cool.gif

Try the avon AV45/AV46 ST Sport Touring
I used to get 3k out of my M1 Sportec, now I get 9-10k (I have 33,000 miles on my baby).

thumb_av45_av46_st.jpg

What tire you choose depends on your riding style. My B56 was toast @ 2900 miles....but the front was still great. I put on another B56 so I could get a little more usage out of the front...

Got my tire @ MAW out of Boise, Id. 125.00 +shipping. I am quite sure one of our sponsors here will have a similar price though.

For me, it is about traction. I have no problem replacing my tire @ 3000 miles. Once this B56 is done, I'll change out both. Either to Pilot Powers, the new Metzler M3, or maybe one of the sticky Bridgestones...

Shinko ravens...supposed to have a longer tread life..but not as sticky...have to guage your riding style vs tire.

<!--EDIT|unkleslapnutz
Reason for Edit: "I cant spell"|1146246003 -->

That bt 14 looks good Gunny.
I'm liking the Avon tho - 9000 mi is sounding pretty good with my very limited funds. My style is not that aggressive, also.
Thanks for the replies .......more?

I am at 2100 miles on the stock rear and it still has a little life left but I dont know how much. My buddy has an FJR 1300 with the Bridgestone BT020's on it. He is at 12000 miles on the stock rear and it still has some good usable tread left. I was in awe! He just bought a set of Avon45/46's for it though because he wasn't in love with the cupping of the stock front tire. If you want a rear that wears like Iron get a BT020. I have never heard a bad comment on the Avons either. Neither of which are going to be as sticky as the BT56 that came stock. I want something in between. Is it too much to ask to get 5-6000 miles out of a set of tires with decent grip? I am anxious to hear how the new Metzelers (M3)shake out. They claim that it has 50% greater treadlife than the M1. Could be just the ticket.

That bt 14 looks good Gunny.
I'm liking the Avon tho - 9000 mi is sounding pretty good with my very limited funds. My style is not that aggressive, also.
Thanks for the replies .......more?
I like the looks of these but have not tried them.
A buddy of mne has a set of them on his 03 R1. He is going to keep me updated as to how he likes em and how long they last.
cool.gif

I had a flat on the stock rear tire, at 4500 mi...and I got M-1 and now, near 6000 mi on it, when I put the M-1 on it start fall in love with it, it just made for corner...then I heard from the board says (from some member) it only last 2000 mi...now, I got about 1500 mi on it, and it just looks like all the shines are gone, other than that it still looks brand new ( if I put some tire shine on it
biggrin.gif
)
maybe, next 500 mi will makem look like hell but, so far, looks ok to me...
The way I ride? I usually 80~90, HWY try to do more carving stuff if the situation allows...
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I did not think these BT56's were sticky. Got my 500 break-in miles yesterday. And after 20 mile ride 70degrees out. Just turning the throttle broke loose the rear. First one, twist front starts to lift then the back started breaking loose then hooked again.
Think I will try the Pilot Powers when stockers are done.

Not sure where you live in VA but Cycle Gear just opened a new store in Norfolk on Little Creek Ave. You will find a smokin deal on Grand Opening tires.

www.cyclegear.com

i just ordered a set of the power pilots from motorcycle superstore. 225 shipped.

<!--EDIT|crepitus
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146361430 -->

Back