Need A Friendly Who Owns A Dynojet Dyno

cwalker2

Registered
I need access to a few files from the Dynojet. I posted earlier that I needed to see what comes out in the csv's that are exported from a dyno pull. I found just how they can be configured.

Now I'm in the next stage of my project and would like a couple of csv files to experiment with. If you have a dyno and want to know more, please contact me. if you have a friend with a Dynojet, please let them know I am looking for info.

Land & Sea, Superflow and Dayton Dyno are also tools that I would like to review the csv files from as well.

Thank you in advance!

No one from this site replied, but I figured I'd share what I've been working on. I hated tweaking every cell at every RPM point on my dyno when the thought process (for me and any experienced tuner) was pretty basic. I also hated the idea that some companies charge an awful lot for their auto tune software. Plus it doesn't work for every piggy back. Some dyno manufacturers have features for their autotunes that are better than others, also some have extra features than make set up time consuming. What do you do? Well, if you're me, you make your own.

I have used it for the past couple of years in my shop. It really speeds up the process of getting nice flat - straight AFR curves.

New%20ACE%20Image.JPG

Well that seems interesting to me, but I am mostly ignorant of all of this tech. I don't know if this is sort of hacking the Dynojet software, but if so people on here who are certified tuners might not want to assist in a public forum. Sounds like you are pretty far ahead of the curve so your audience is experienced tuners. I think you are going to have to reach out to them in a more personal way, perhaps bring them in on the development/testing process. Having done some CAD software development I know that the quickest way to develop a program is 3rd party testing.

Good luck to you. Always supportive of good old fashion innovation!

Thank you for the kind words.

As far as hacking the Dynojet software, none is required.

The user still employs the standard Dynojet Power Commander software. I use simple Windows commands to locate the open window on the user's computer, bring it forward, select all highlight-able fields, copy all highlighted text and then send the screen to the back. That's how I import the existing map. My software reads the dyno's output .csv file and then calculates the change to the map to hit the required target. The new values are displayed in my software. Pressing Paste/send map to PowCmdr Window brings up the power commander software again and pastes the adjusted map into the software. The user still has to "send" the file through Dynojet's software to the Power Commander.

This is interesting, but waaaayyyy over my head.

You basically wrote a program that makes it easier to tune entire blocks of cells?

Yes. Normally, the tuner will make a pull or run and then adjust the entire column (if tuning all rpm points at a given throttle position) or row, if the dyno allows multiple throttle position tests at a given rpm. In my case I can make tests at 60, 80 and 100% throttle all back to back and then run my programs and tweak all those runs (and all the cells in the Power Commander) at 60, 80 and 100% throttle. The idea is that in the time it normally takes me to tune one throttle position or Power Commander column, I've now tuned three columns or three throttle positions. It works in both inertia and steady state / step test mode.

You still have to know how to tune, but it makes tuning much faster.

It's winter and things are slow so I figured I would share something with the forum members.

Back