My SRP build

I don't have any pictures of the porting. My roomate is going to pull the trigger soon on his turbo kit and we will get good documentation on the whole install this time. So pictures of the porting will be available for others.

I don't have any pictures of the porting. My roomate is going to pull the trigger soon on his turbo kit and we will get good documentation on the whole install this time. So pictures of the porting will be available for others.

Cool and thanks..

How long did it take you to port the srp turbo so it wont creep?

Have to ask Bob for a specific. I had him do it this time. I was feeling lazy. :whistle: I think he said less than 1 hr.

Interesting read..........glad you got your bike back and running good.

I sure learned alot about turbo's that for sure.

Bob has tuned two or three of my bikes in the past and gotten some really great results.

He tuned my 82 c.i. Buell/Sportster I raced a few years back and got 130 hp at the wheel and he also tuned a N/A busa I raced in 09' that set two records at Bonneville.:thumbsup:

Interesting read..........glad you got your bike back and running good.

I sure learned alot about turbo's that for sure.

Bob has tuned two or three of my bikes in the past and gotten some really great results.

He tuned my 82 c.i. Buell/Sportster I raced a few years back and got 130 hp at the wheel and he also tuned a N/A busa I raced in 09' that set two records at Bonneville.:thumbsup:

isiahstites,

Those are good numbers on that Harley..:bowdown:

killer,

I thought you did the turbo work from your post sorry, I will ask the guys at Bobs Garage..:thumbsup:

Finally had a chance to finish up cutting the plastics and getting them on all the way. PITA!!!! I had to cut a lot more than I first imagined. The "no cut" filter.....yeah...lots of cutting. The only way to not cut out for the filter is if it is like 1 inch thick at the bottom. So I said screw it and hacked away. It doesn't really stick out much. I will post some pics up tomorrow(at work) and share what I had to cut and how much.

Yeah, that's why I just said screw it and put a big filter on it. I'm glad I did because with the turbo being close to the ground, it gets dirty really fast. But with a bigger filter, it has more surface area, so it takes longer to get dirty enough to start choking back the engine. I usually have to clean mine every 3 weeks or so. Also that filter that comes with the kit robs a bit of hp. There was a wright up about that on sh.org under my SRP build thread.

df84c5c2.jpg

a4c3329f.jpg

562edb47.jpg

ad8c61cd.jpg

Last edited:
Frank,

You guys sell any that I could use. It is pretty close to the fairing, so I wouldn't think the foam would work unless it was squished between the fairing and pipe.

Frank,

You guys sell any that I could use. It is pretty close to the fairing, so I wouldn't think the foam would work unless it was squished between the fairing and pipe.

The fairing should not be contacting that pipe at all. To be safe, you should have at least 1/2" space between the fairing and exhaust AND the heat shielding. We keep it in stock and always use it on exhaust installs.

Rudy, can you post a pic of your gauges? Just curious what you went with and how you set it up. thanks!!

lol yeah, kinda embarrassing right now.. I have a oil pressure gauge hooked up as a fuel pressure (8 bucks at kragen) and the fugly boost gauge that came with the SRP kit. I have the Tigerracing gauge bezel(painted black).

I am still looking for nice gauges. Just can't make up my mind. I want to get custom faces for the stock cluster, and gauges that flow with it.. To many choices.

Talk to dakota digital, they will match the color of your gauges if you ask

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Back