My SRP build

killerrudy

Registered
Well I just got my kit in the mail yesterday, but who can stop the ball from rolling once it gets up to speed! So since I am not much for words, I took a few pictures today. No much, but shows where I am in the process. I didn't have a large enough drill bit, so I have to stop by the store on the way home from work in the morning. So I can drill the oil and fuel tank. So, I will try to take some better ones later. I wanted to put together an actually have something usefull for future self assemblers! It was funny, I was in the garage with theSkaz and was searching all around trying to find some instructions online(not the ghetto install one) and couldn't find anything. So I just said screw it and it was far easier that way.Here are a few pics from today.

d7505a7f.jpg

55298dcb.jpg

46337729.jpg

380f63e6.jpg

aeb91a0b.jpg

Last edited:
It is fun to add parts like that but at some point you feel like your past the point of no return...then when you fire it up and ride it...it is worth the time and money. Have fun with it.

Its kinda funny that the turbo on my motorcycle is physicly larger than the one on my truck :-( Guess an upgrade is in order!!!! Look at me starting the next project before this one is even halfway completed! :whistle:

When you moving again? Stop on by and we can point at things on the bike that are shiny and pretend we know what we are talking about.(over a beer of course!) :beerchug:

:laugh:

Paint and carpet should be finished by next Weds./Thurs. and shooting for the move in on Fri.

(then it's off to pick up my new 42" toolbox,compressor,ProCycle lift,etc.:thumbsup:)

One thing I was curious about is if the pump supplied with the kit has a built in filter, or do I need to add on an inline one? Thanks

One thing I was curious about is if the pump supplied with the kit has a built in filter, or do I need to add on an inline one? Thanks

External fuel pumps supplied with turbo kits need to have in line filters installed as well. It should have come with the kit . . .:whistle:

good luck with the build! like ryc said, when its done, it's worth all the time & money. i have absolutely no regrets.

An AC DELCO GF483 fuel filter (all metal) from your local auto parts store would be fine . . .:poke:

Picked up the filter. Thanks a lot Frank. But I just talked to Steadman and they stated that their is an internal filter in their pump so an inline is not needed. ?? Who knew! Explained a few other things like how they want you to use the factory fuel pump power connector. I hadn't seen the replacement fuse in the box. (Almost thrown away)

So far, I can't argue about quality of parts. Nothing seems overly cheap or hodge-podged together. Richards(RCC) welding is top notch!! Nice bite, not raised at all. Have to complement his steady hand. Will take some more photos tonight :thumbsup:

How much boost, and what rwhp is it supposed to make? All hides under factory plastic with no cutting too?

Picked up the filter. Thanks a lot Frank. But I just talked to Steadman and they stated that their is an internal filter in their pump so an inline is not needed. ?? Who knew! Explained a few other things like how they want you to use the factory fuel pump power connector. I hadn't seen the replacement fuse in the box. (Almost thrown away)

So far, I can't argue about quality of parts. Nothing seems overly cheap or hodge-podged together. Richards(RCC) welding is top notch!! Nice bite, not raised at all. Have to complement his steady hand. Will take some more photos tonight :thumbsup:

Rudy- there is NO filter inside of that fuel pump, I don't care what Steadman says. Originally, there was a simple screen inside the pump, but when they are modified by RCC, that screen (which is not a filter anyway) is removed. Come off the fuel tank with a line, go into the in-line filter, then into the pump . . . out of the pump, into your fuel rail. Make sure you replace the 10A fuse for the pump with a 15A fuse.:rulez:

Back